By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Insidb said:
peachbuggy said:

I'm interested to know why you say this. You act as if you have some sort of insider info only you know about. I thought it was stated somewhere that the insiders from Resetera were saying the Switch would comfortably win January. Or am i mistaken?

He's been saying for a long time that the gap between NS and PS4 will be a lot smaller than Amazon seems to indicate.

Speaking of PS4 and Amazon, did they run out of them? How is that even possible? It's 2018!

I haven't checked personally but from what people have been saying, yes the PS4 has been going in and out of stock on Amazon recently. I have no idea of the cause though.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

I haven't checked personally but from what people have been saying, yes the PS4 has been going in and out of stock on Amazon recently. I have no idea of the cause though.

And I'll just repeat myself because of general weakness in math in the populace:

Sony manufactures 2.5M this final fj quarter. That is roughly 200k units per week. PS4 has been selling around 250k per week (probably even going up due to MHW for a few weeks) so there is a deficit of around 20% units which the stock laying around in stores has to cover. Amazon doesn't just have stock laying around because they can.... So statistically they likely get (at least) 20% less stock than what would be needed. That naturally leads to days when there simply are no units anymore.

peachbuggy said:
Insidb said:

He's been saying for a long time that the gap between NS and PS4 will be a lot smaller than Amazon seems to indicate.

Speaking of PS4 and Amazon, did they run out of them? How is that even possible? It's 2018!

That's a possibility but if that was the case it wouldn't prove anything or further his cause much tbh.

His two points are unrelated; he's been taking about the relative gaps for far longer than the "cliff."

drkohler said:
peachbuggy said:

And I'll just repeat myself because of general weakness in math in the populace:

Sony manufactures 2.5M this final fj quarter. That is roughly 200k units per week. PS4 has been selling around 250k per week (probably even going up due to MHW for a few weeks) so there is a deficit of around 20% units which the stock laying around in stores has to cover. Amazon doesn't just have stock laying around because they can.... So statistically they likely get (at least) 20% less stock than what would be needed. That naturally leads to days when there simply are no units anymore.

1) Thanks for the clarification.

2) This is the first I've seen this explanation.

3) The bolded makes you look like a condescending tool.

drkohler said:
peachbuggy said:

Why are you even quoting me? I'm not disputing there are PS4 stock shortages on Amazon. If your assertion is correct then there would be shortages elsewhere also. I'm not aware of any, not that i've looked into it at all. As far as i'm aware, Sony has always been pretty good in the supply department. That's the only reason i commented on this particular situation. That and the fact that another user quoted me and asked me specifically about it. If i'm totally honest, i don't particularly care about your maths or numbers.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
SWORDF1SH said:

O, all this because of 1 or 2 people? It happens both way ya know. Let's not make this sound like a bigger problem than it is. 

Well  probably 3 or 4 and that's exactly what i'm saying. It works both ways.

I still don't understand you're intentions with bringing this up. So I say PS4 is having stock issues and for some reason you had to say that "some people believe that only Sony has stock issues". You now agree it's an issue from all sides so what's the point? What are you trying to achieve other than to flame ?

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
peachbuggy said:

Well  probably 3 or 4 and that's exactly what i'm saying. It works both ways.

I still don't understand you're intentions with bringing this up. So I say PS4 is having stock issues and for some reason you had to say that "some people believe that only Sony has stock issues". You now agree it's an issue from all sides so what's the point? What are you trying to achieve other than to flame ?

ALL CONSOLES MATTER!

So... I just read through the last 8 or so pages and jeez, what a mess. Seriously, Quickrick is apparently sitting in anticipation of the Switch "falling off a Cliff". Ugh!

Well, whatever. Hey Bayo's holding on decently all over and is even rising a bit!

Welfare said:
Looks like Xbox One X did really well on Monday.

Best Sellers in Video Games for the Week of February 19, 2018
#10 NS Neon
#25 XB1X
#32 NS Grey
#71 XB1 Minecraft
#79 XB1 Forza
#81 PS4 Pro
#96 PS4

The Madden bundle is probably not far away from the top 100 given how close it is to the Forza bundle in the hourly's.

They are having a buy an Xbox One X get PUBG free deal so it helping it out quite a bit.

drkohler said:
peachbuggy said:

PS4 also had 2.9 million unsold units in the hands of retailers at the end of December. Is your explanation that Sony oversupplied other retailers while leaving Amazon short on stock?

I don't think Nintendo will win all months this year. I can see Sony winning a couple months.