By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox HW revenue up 14% from last year, overall up 8%. Xbox Live users reach 59 million

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-helps-boost-hardware-but-game-sales-fal/1100-6456478/

Good news for the xbox division overall, especially since the xbox one s was at least 50 dollars cheaper than last year. Software was down, but that is expected as we didn't see a major blockbuster release this year from Microsoft. Active Xbox live users also climbed to 59 million, which is 4 million more from last year. Microsofts operating income was 8.7 billion, though net income was actually in the minus because of tax changes and whatnot (though this will only be a one time issue).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Nice to see the Xbox division is still doing well, with all the recent news of Nintendo & Sony success they get kinda looked over.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If we don't know how much they made, a 14% increase means nothing. What if they only made $100 last year?

Xbox live MAU growth is slowing, but its still growth nonetheless.

Farsala said:

But that is Xbox live users, this includes people who open up the windows 10 store and browse the apps there, it most certainly is not 59million people subbed to xbox live gold.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Farsala said:

But that is Xbox live users, this includes people who open up the windows 10 store and browse the apps there, it most certainly is not 59million people subbed to xbox live gold.

It doesn't Include those that just open the windows store. You have to link your account to Xbox live to be included. So this means using the Xbox app on PC and playing a game that requires an Xbox live account and using the Xbox 360/One.

jason1637 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It doesn't Include those that just open the windows store. You have to link your account to Xbox live to be included. So this means using the Xbox app on PC and playing a game that requires an Xbox live account and using the Xbox 360/One.

It just always comes to mind when they say these numbers but I think to myself that I use my X360 for Netflix/Youtube and WWE network I'm not exactly in the Xbox family of buying games and using their services.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
jason1637 said:

It just always comes to mind when they say these numbers but I think to myself that I use my X360 for Netflix/Youtube and WWE network I'm not exactly in the Xbox family of buying games and using their services.

Exact same can be said to PS2 and PS3 owners. How many just used the consoles as a movie player? 

Its all revenue, even if you dont pay a cent you are contributing to the eco system by being a number. Those numbers increase share value. The more that use there services the better it looks.

Hmm...  Looks like the X1 ended up being up YoY after all..

chakkra said:

Hmm...  Looks like the X1 ended up being up YoY after all..

Yeah,  but consedering they dropped the xbox x, it was to b expected.     Great news for the industry nevertheless.