By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW: 60% outside Japan, 30% Digital of total 5 million sales in 3 days

I was definitely wrong. It's the breakout title for the series in the West.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Johnw1104 said:

I'm confused as well, especially given it lists "30% digital". How can digital be shipped?

That would mean shipped + digital. That's what shipped figures usually are, the + digital part isn't always specified though.

As for the topic itself... that makes that supposed 2m figure for Japan including digital seem very unlikely. If it's 30% digital worldwide, why would one of the countries with the lowest digital ratios (typically around 15%) suddenly have a digital sales ratio higher than the west? Seemed fishy to begin with, but this definitely suggests it's not that high.

But 40% of 5M are 2M. So 60% outside Japan (which mean 40% in Japan) supports the 2M figure. But yes, that would mean more like 50% digital in Japan. Seems Capcom massively undershipped in Japan, what's why the gigantic digital amount.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I thought this is the first title to have bigger sales outside japan. To my surprise Tri on Wii and 3U on WiiU already did that. Both titles sold comparatively low amounts though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, I guess they finally found a way to break into the Western market, the PS4 and XB1 release really broadened its appeal here, though I guess it also seems to have meant a hit in Japan sales-wise.

Oh boy, was I wrong, haha.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That would mean shipped + digital. That's what shipped figures usually are, the + digital part isn't always specified though.

As for the topic itself... that makes that supposed 2m figure for Japan including digital seem very unlikely. If it's 30% digital worldwide, why would one of the countries with the lowest digital ratios (typically around 15%) suddenly have a digital sales ratio higher than the west? Seemed fishy to begin with, but this definitely suggests it's not that high.

But 40% of 5M are 2M. So 60% outside Japan (which mean 40% in Japan) supports the 2M figure. But yes, that would mean more like 50% digital in Japan. Seems Capcom massively undershipped in Japan, what's why the gigantic digital amount.

650k out of 2m would mean a 32,5% digital attach rate which doesn’t seem too unrealistic especially considering the supply shortages it had.

So ~1.5m sold digitally in first 3 days? Nice.

I really want to pick up a copy, but I just got Final Fantasy Dissidia and have Dynasty Warriors 9 arriving in 2 weeks :/

I hope capcom realizes now that monster Hunter should stay on consoles from now on.

PhatChips said:
I hope capcom realizes now that monster Hunter should stay on consoles from now on.

Well, with the 3DS being phased out I don't think that was ever out of the question.