By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW: 60% outside Japan, 30% Digital of total 5 million sales in 3 days

Monster hunter finally back on a playstation console (yes i know, also x1) with enormous sales and they're surprised?
Fans have been waiting for this game for such a long time after capcom decided to go nintendo exclusive.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

Both the PS4pro and Xbox One X, run the game in the 40-50 fps range right?
Is it really that bad that its a unlocked frame rate? like is it worse than if it was locked to 30fps?

I only played the first? (don't know if there were multiple) beta, according to DF it hovers around 45fps on the "frame-rate mode" but honestly when I played it it felt like it was barely reaching 30.

I've been playing Witcher 3 no problem, which is a 30fps lock if I'm not mistaken, so I assume the unlocked is what's killing it for me. But it really did not feel like 45fps to me, maybe it was just the initial area.

I'm on og ps4 and have not noticed a single tear or slowdown

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

I predict that wont happend.
Monster Hunter World simply cant run on a switch (imo).

PS4 pro can barely run it, I was thinking of picking it up but the beta... I can't deal with that unlocked frame rate.

I don't see MHW ever being on the Switch, I imagine the next monster hunter will be designed with Switch in mind from the get-go but still be available on all systems.

I bought a Pro just for MHW. The beta was super bad but the official release is pretty stable in framerate mode tbh. 

CGI-Quality said:
Damn!

Damn straight sons! 

One fantastic news over the other, Monster Hunter really deserves all this after finally coming back to Playstation!

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Johnw1104 said:

Definitely looks like it'll be reaching that 10 million mark... did it really sell 5 million already? If shipped, how can "30% digital" be shipped?

That is extremely impressive if true, shot right past Horizon and closing in on BotW in about a week.

1) Breath of the wild is at 6.7 million units (see Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings)

2) Horizon Zero Dawn is also 6m+

They include digital sales, in shipped numbers, because to them, its sold.
That said yes they should easily blow past the 5m mark soon, and go much higher with MHW.

So Monster Hunter World hasnt just shot right past them yet.

Yeah sorry, I wrote that when I'd read it as "5 million sold". I was under the impression that Horizon was at a little over 4 million, did I miss something? That does feel low, but when I checked a few weeks ago it was well shy of 5 million unless that data is quite old.

Johnw1104 said:
JRPGfan said:

1) Breath of the wild is at 6.7 million units (see Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings)

2) Horizon Zero Dawn is also 6m+

They include digital sales, in shipped numbers, because to them, its sold.
That said yes they should easily blow past the 5m mark soon, and go much higher with MHW.

So Monster Hunter World hasnt just shot right past them yet.

Yeah sorry, I wrote that when I'd read it as "5 million sold". I was under the impression that Horizon was at a little over 4 million, did I miss something? That does feel low, but when I checked a few weeks ago it was well shy of 5 million unless that data is quite old.

On Vgcs its at ~4.3m in early jan 2018 (thats retail only, physical sales).
however back in june, the offical numbers where at 3.4m and they told us, out of those 3.4m, that 915k+ where digital only sales (~27%).

with a ~27% digital attachrate (not included in that 4.3m number) it goes to about ~5.4m.

However I think vgcz numbers are abit low for this game.
Im assumeing its actually higher than vgc has it at.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 31 January 2018

Excellent sales and i dont mean to port beg but.......PLEASE PORT THIS TO SWITCH!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

I predict that wont happend.
Monster Hunter World simply cant run on a switch (imo).

PS4 pro can barely run it, I was thinking of picking it up but the beta... I can't deal with that unlocked frame rate.

I don't see MHW ever being on the Switch, I imagine the next monster hunter will be designed with Switch in mind from the get-go but still be available on all systems.

When I first played the beta I also thought the framrerate is pretty bad. But now I am playing the release version, and it runs very good.

OG ps4

zorg1000 said:
Excellent sales and i dont mean to port beg but.......PLEASE PORT THIS TO SWITCH!!!!

No consumer should ever feel bad about asking for a product or service.  You have every right to "port beg".