By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey has Sold over 9mil Worldwide! (MK8D 7.33mil+Splat2 4 91mil+BotW 6.70mil)

WOOOOOW !! These numbers must be aliens !!

SMO is already at 9M ?!!
Zelda is on it's way to beat Ocarina of Time and TP in less than 2 years.
Xenoblade 2 has already done 1M !!! (VGC needs to correct their numbers then :P )



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
WOOOOOW !! These numbers must be aliens !!

SMO is already at 9M ?!!
Zelda is on it's way to beat Ocarina of Time and TP in less than 2 years.
Xenoblade 2 has already done 1M !!! (VGC needs to correct their numbers then :P )

BotW already beat OoT



That's huge, I was expecting something more like 5 million. Looks like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will surpass the vanilla Mario Kart 8, too.



tbone51 said:
3D Mario sales, WW

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy: 12,76m
[N64] Super Mario 64: 11,91m
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land: 11,77m
[DS] Super Mario 64 DS: 11,06m
[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey: 9,07m
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2: 7,41m
[GC] Super Mario Sunshine: 5,91m
[WIU] Super Mario 3D World: 5,75m

2 months and 5 days...damn...

GG Nintendo! 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Very nice numbers

Mario on track to become the best selling 3D Mario game?



NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]
 

  - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
tbone51 said:

 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendos-fy-2017-nine-months-earnings.20057/

 

With... Other numbers....

NS shipments in Q3: 7.23M
3DS shipments in Q3: 3.00M

NS lifetime HW: 14.86M
3DS lifetime HW: 71.99M

NS lifetime SW: 52.57M

Super Mario Odyssey: 9.07M
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 7.33M
Breath of the Wild: 6.70M 

Splatoon 2: 4.91mil

Here are all best selling Switch games:

-Super Mario Odyssey - 9.07 million units (9m za manje od 2 meseca)

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 7.33 million units (Up 2.91M units)

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 6.7 million units (Up 2M units)

-Splatoon 2 - 4.91 million units (Up 1.3M units)

-1-2-Switch - 1.88 million units (Up 0.51M units)

-ARMS - 1.61 million units (Up 0.26M units)

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.06 million units

 Wait.. What about Mario and Rabbids?



Poweranimals said:
Miyamotoo said:

Here are all best selling Switch games:

-Super Mario Odyssey - 9.07 million units (9m za manje od 2 meseca)

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 7.33 million units (Up 2.91M units)

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 6.7 million units (Up 2M units)

-Splatoon 2 - 4.91 million units (Up 1.3M units)

-1-2-Switch - 1.88 million units (Up 0.51M units)

-ARMS - 1.61 million units (Up 0.26M units)

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.06 million units

 Wait.. What about Mario and Rabbids?

It wasn't included due to being a Ubisoft game, still it's certainly over 1.2M after the holiday season



Only Nintendo can port a game to a new system and have it sell more than the original. The selling power of their games is impressive. I can't think of any other publisher with such a stable of game series that can sell by themselves. That might be a bit due to the reviews but say even if a Sony game gets reviewed a 95+ it doesn't sell this much this fast.



This is amazing news~ Odyssey beating Galaxy is inevitable at this point. It's an evergreen title that's going to sell throughout Switch life. The only thing stopping it would be an Odyssey 2- which oh please god do make ;)

3D Mario I wouldn't say doesn't sell well- I would more so say that 3D sales pale in comparison to the older 2D titles. If we compare the recent 2D releases like NSMB2 and NSMBU, those didn't sell much better than 3D Land and 3D world respectively. Maybe because the novelty of 2D being more accessible is dying out, or the fact that NSMB games are getting derivative. Maybe the lack of multiplayer in 3D plays a role? Hmm.

Either way, this is great. MK8D is selling like hotcakes, which is surprising beyond belief. While it makes me happy, it's also slightly disheartening as the sales of MK8D could discourage Nintendo from making a new MK for Switch. After all, a new MK would slow down MK8D's momentum which is looking like it will stay for at least another year.

The only thing upsetting is 1-2 Switch selling better than ARMS. What a shame :(



GOWTLOZ said:
Only Nintendo can port a game to a new system and have it sell more than the original. The selling power of their games is impressive. I can't think of any other publisher with such a stable of game series that can sell by themselves. That might be a bit due to the reviews but say even if a Sony game gets reviewed a 95+ it doesn't sell this much this fast.

Eh, a bit of hyperbole here. Plenty of Sony's properties sell well, regardless of the speed. None of their franchises are as strong as Mario, but then, they don't have to be.

One doesn't have to keep up with the other in order for either to look good. On its own SMO has done great, just like, let's say, The Last Of Us (a title that did just as good on PS4 as it did on PS3 - to combat your first sentence), has for Sony.