By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Shadow Of The Colossus Reviews [92 Meta]

Madword said:

I think this game was a perfect opportunity for BP. They have a full proper art team now because of this remaster. So unless they have been given the opportunity to do another large scale remaster in the same vein, they'll have staff just sitting there costing money... unless of course they are going to make their own game.

So I think its possible they might be scaling up to make their own or sponsored game.

Sony has no use for a studio who can't produce their own original content and it would be far better in Bluepoint's case to remain independent since it's their only chance to gain more contracts from other publishers aside from Sony (they don't have a lot of franchises to remaster anymore) plus they don't have to worry about the risk of running or funding another team ... 

Locking down Bluepoint to Sony would kill most of the studio's outside opportunities and Sony can't keep funding Bluepoint either if they run out of work so I imagine it's in the studio's interest to pursue more possibilities rather than falling into a false sense of security ... (that doesn't mean Sony can't get the most amount of benefit through this current relationship they have with the studio much like Insomniac Games scenario or a similar situation between Nintendo and Rare just before the latter crapped out)

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Madword said:

I think this game was a perfect opportunity for BP. They have a full proper art team now because of this remaster. So unless they have been given the opportunity to do another large scale remaster in the same vein, they'll have staff just sitting there costing money... unless of course they are going to make their own game.

So I think its possible they might be scaling up to make their own or sponsored game.

Sony has no use for a studio who can't produce their own original content and it would be far better in Bluepoint's case to remain independent since it's their only chance to gain more contracts from other publishers aside from Sony (they don't have a lot of franchises to remaster anymore) plus they don't have to worry about the risk of running or funding another team ... 

Locking down Bluepoint to Sony would kill most of the studio's outside opportunities and Sony can't keep funding Bluepoint either if they run out of work so I imagine it's in the studio's interest to pursue more possibilities rather than falling into a false sense of security ... (that doesn't mean Sony can't get the most amount of benefit through this current relationship they have with the studio much like Insomniac Games scenario or a similar situation between Nintendo and Rare just before the latter crapped out)

It was Nintendo that left Rare, not the other way around. Good decision as well, in hind-sight.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

It was Nintendo that left Rare, not the other way around. Good decision as well, in hind-sight.

You think I don't realize that ? (hence my phrase "the latter crapped out")

In any case it's best for Sony to avoid buying redundant studios ... 

Alkibiádēs said:

You think I don't realize that ? (hence my phrase "the latter crapped out")

In any case it's best for Sony to avoid buying redundant studios ... 

How do you know its redundant.... perhaps sony wants a couple more studios to start work on PS5 games or a different game to suit a different group of people. Unless you know the inside workings of Sony's plan you cannot honestly say that Sony doesn't need another studio. What Sony does like is ensuring they have the best studios making content, BP have so far shown themselves to be an extremely competent studio. It wouldnt surprise me if Sony wanted them, but as long as they continue making Sony games I dont really care :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

How do you know its redundant.... perhaps sony wants a couple more studios to start work on PS5 games or a different game to suit a different group of people. Unless you know the inside workings of Sony's plan you cannot honestly say that Sony doesn't need another studio. What Sony does like is ensuring they have the best studios making content, BP have so far shown themselves to be an extremely competent studio. It wouldnt surprise me if Sony wanted them, but as long as they continue making Sony games I dont really care :)

Bluepoint goes farther than just Sony games like their work on MGS HD collection and Titanfall so there's no reason for Sony to buy them when they hardly have any games left to remaster or remake ...

Around the Network

Sony has plenty of games to remaster/remake.

Madword said:

Bluepoint goes farther than just Sony games like their work on MGS HD collection and Titanfall so there's no reason for Sony to buy them when they hardly have any games left to remaster or remake ...

They have games left to remake. Ratchet 2 and 3, GOW 1, 2, COO and GOS, LOD, Getaway 1 and 2, MediEvil, MotorStorm Arctic Edge, Ico, Jak 1, 2 and 3, Daxter, Sly Cooper 1, 2 and 3, Infamous 1 and 2, Resistance 1, 2 and 3.

GOWTLOZ said:

They have games left to remake. Ratchet 2 and 3, GOW 1, 2, COO and GOS, LOD, Getaway 1 and 2, MediEvil, MotorStorm Arctic Edge, Ico, Jak 1, 2 and 3, Daxter, Sly Cooper 1, 2 and 3, Infamous 1 and 2, Resistance 1, 2 and 3.

Quite a few forgettable franchises like Getaway, MediEvil, MotorStorm and Sly Cooper ... (LOD wasn't all that well received like some people make it out to be and Jak is getting a port to PS4) 

It's clear that there's not a whole lot of worthwhile games that Bluepoint can remake/remaster for Sony anymore ... (there's so much more that Bluepoint can offer aside from just Sony games) 

GOWTLOZ said:

Quite a few forgettable franchises like Getaway, MediEvil, MotorStorm and Sly Cooper ... (LOD wasn't all that well received like some people make it out to be and Jak is getting a port to PS4) 

It's clear that there's not a whole lot of worthwhile games that Bluepoint can remake/remaster for Sony anymore ... (there's so much more that Bluepoint can offer aside from just Sony games) 

Nope.

I know you're against Sony buying BP (so am I), but Sony still has plenty of games that can get remastered or remade.

GOWTLOZ said:

They may be forgettable to you but they have many fans. MotorStorm is remembered by PlayStation fans of the PS3 era and Sony could do more arcade racing games as that's a genre the PS4 has fallen behind the Xbox One. These games didn't sell back then but the market has changed and audiences have become more receptive to open world games and platformers.