By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch hits 10% market share! Let's celebrate!

How long until 15% is hit!?

1 month 4 10.26%

2 months 3 7.69%

3 months 9 23.08%

4 months 5 12.82%

5 months 5 12.82%

6 months 6 15.38%

7 months 1 2.56%

8 months 2 5.13%

February 29th 1 2.56%

Less then a month, over 8 months, or never. 3 7.69%

Total:39

Why should i? Did nintendo celebrate my last marketshare?

Around the Network

Actually, it has 100% marketshare because it's a 9th generation console. Comparing the Switch and PS4/XBO marketshare is like comparing NES/Genesis, PS1/PS2, PS2/PS3... it's pointless. The PS4 and XBO launched four fucking years ahead of it lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
Actually, it has 100% marketshare because it's a 9th generation console. Comparing the Switch and PS4/XBO marketshare is like comparing NES/Genesis, PS1/PS2, PS2/PS3... it's pointless. The PS4 and XBO launched four fucking years ahead of it lol

In march 2017 ps4 whas 3 years and 4 months old.

If ps5 launches in 2021 what i expect its also about 3- 3 half years after switch, soo it will be gen 10 :)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

All you people saying it isn't Gen whatever. What are gens anymore? Gens used to be 5-6 year console cycles, with handheld and home consoles separate. Now we have combinations of handheld/consoles and fusions of both (Switch, PS Vita TV), along with mid-generation upgrades (ps4pro and xboxoneX) and earlier than normal console jump (Switch).

Gens are dead. The only thing that matters now is the current flagship device (and all of the variations for it) for each Company. Right now, that means the Switch has 10% market share. When the PS5 and Xbox two launch, it will start with 100% market share and they will slowly eat away at it for years to come until Nintendo's next home/hybrid device. This is the way of the present and future.

Generations are an artificial concept when you try to include other products as the same generation.

PS4 is Sony’s 4th generation console, and Switch is Nintendo’s 7th (and their 5th generation handheld!).

But what’s relevant are the competing products. and Switch’s main competitors are (and will remain) PS4 and XBone.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Medisti said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Ps5 will launch in 2-3 years so thats gen 10

Gens are decided by timing, not power.

Obviously, overwise Switch would be 7th gen...

I kid I kid!

Switch is a cool console. Nintendo hit it out of the park this gen. 

"NnnnnnnnnnnnO!"
-Microsoft-

Hiku said:
Only 90% marketshare to go before total domination!

This is the Overly Demanding Dad Comment of the Day.