By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To all VR Owners: How many Headsets have you "sold"

How many people bought a VR Headset after you demoed it

1-5 4 17.39%

6-10 1 4.35%

11-15 1 4.35%

16-20 0 0%

20+ 2 8.70%

I dont own a VR Headset 15 65.22%

Total:23

I actually have done a good job convincing people to return their VR headsets, 7 so far.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Around 70

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

zorg1000 said:
I actually have done a good job convincing people to return their VR headsets, 7 so far.

Your response reminds me of this:

87.3 and a third.

I got my brother PSVR for Christmas in 2016, but I lack VR myself.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I really don't know people with the hardware to get them working. I have friends who have the PS4, but the base PS4 really isn't much up to the task (the PS4 Pro was in large part made to accommodate VR, as the code names Morpheus and Neo suggest).

It's still something that's largely priced outside of what would interest most people for the time being. Try not to stress it.

I really wouldn't say that. The base PS4 is totally up for the task, as far as I'm concerned. Skyrim imho is the only game where I wish I had the Pro instead, the rest is perfectly fine.

OT - I sold 2 to date...

One to my brother, 2 hours after he had tried out mine. He was stating before, that he would never ever buy a PSVR. 

Another one to one of my best friends. After he had frenetically played Until Dawn Rush of Blood for 2 hours, he said this was the best game he ever played in his whole life (LOL he never was not much of a gamer, really) and bought a PS4 Pro and PSVR one week later.

Sadly, where I live atm I don't know have many gamer friends. Had one friend over and he was so impressed that he is now debating what is more important to him, a new TV or a PS4 + PSVR.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 28 January 2018

No one or better nothing really convinced me to buy VR. So there's that.

And i'd say that games definitely benefit from PS4 Pro. Differences in Robinson vary from subtle to huge, for example.

captain carot said:
No one or better nothing really convinced me to buy VR. So there's that.

And i'd say that games definitely benefit from PS4 Pro. Differences in Robinson vary from subtle to huge, for example.

Of course they benefit, it's just nowhere near bad or unplayable without it.

Errorist76 said:
Johnw1104 said:
I really don't know people with the hardware to get them working. I have friends who have the PS4, but the base PS4 really isn't much up to the task (the PS4 Pro was in large part made to accommodate VR, as the code names Morpheus and Neo suggest).

It's still something that's largely priced outside of what would interest most people for the time being. Try not to stress it.

I really wouldn't say that. The base PS4 is totally up for the task, as far as I'm concerned. Skyrim imho is the only game where I wish I had the Pro instead, the rest is perfectly fine.

OT - I sold 2 to date...

One to my brother, 2 hours after he had tried out mine. He was stating before, that he would never ever buy a PSVR. 

Another one to one of my best friends. After he had frenetically played Until Dawn Rush of Blood for 2 hours, he said this was the best game he ever played in his whole life (LOL he never was not much of a gamer, really) and bought a PS4 Pro and PSVR one week later.

Sadly, where I live atm I don't know have many gamer friends. Had one friend over and he was so impressed that he is now debating what is more important to him, a new TV or a PS4 + PSVR.

I'm glad to hear that's working for you. I'd heard that the performance was far better on PS4 Pro, but I suppose that doesn't necessitate the base model version being noticeably poor.

Still, it's an expensive piece of equipment so I'd have a hard time recommending it to people if they're going to be getting an inferior experience, given it costs the same regardless of which PS4 you had. I have to imagine that, much like Skyrim, the real meat of VR games in the coming years will become increasingly difficult to run without the Pro.

I suppose one can always upgrade later and still use the same VR headset, though, so it might be worth it after all. I personally went with the Vive long before the PSVR was an available option, and the one thing I really thought Sony nailed with it is how comfortable it is to wear. While there's fun things you can do with the Vive that you can't with the PSVR, I suspect Sony's headset it the best way to win people over to VR without it feeling too cumbersome.

I sold 2 to these idiots! Then all low poly hell broke loose! Listen to me. NEVER Sell VR to James Bond or a guy who mows lawns for a living.