By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VR Story time: How I saved a stranger from the VR Hate

My real and honest opinion is it isn't worth $400+ dollars. And yes I tried it. Quite extensively.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
My real and honest opinion is it isn't worth $400+ dollars. And yes I tried it. Quite extensively.

If you tried it and don't think VR is our lord and savior then you are clearly a liar good sir!

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

You seem to hold a lot of negative emotions within you.

Concept and execution are really needed for it to be revolutionary, so the early tries of the 80's hardly count anything. And sorry that you didn't had any good experience, but RE7, DC VR and Rush of Blood are fantastic experience, batman is decent as well.

And FOMO isn't you buying something because you fear missing it, it is more on the opposite... since you can't buy it you dismiss it because thinking about you not being able to experiment generate the fear so you need to justify it isn't worth.

Negative emotions are a logical consequence when it is insisted that not liking VR can only be an invalid point of view. A strong reaction to strong disrespect is only natural. If someone is bothered by retaliation, it makes the most sense to properly address the cause.

I do agree.

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

You seem to hold a lot of negative emotions within you.

Concept and execution are really needed for it to be revolutionary, so the early tries of the 80's hardly count anything. And sorry that you didn't had any good experience, but RE7, DC VR and Rush of Blood are fantastic experience, batman is decent as well.

And FOMO isn't you buying something because you fear missing it, it is more on the opposite... since you can't buy it you dismiss it because thinking about you not being able to experiment generate the fear so you need to justify it isn't worth.

nah, it's just a childish insult used by those that can't accept that other people have different opinions and like different things than them.

Sorry Ka, you know that isn't true... console wars are mostly done on FOMO and justigying purchase. And how can say someone is criticizing because he doesn't have an insult?

CladInShadows said:
DonFerrari said:

1. Most users shouldn't be a mod, and usually being to aligned with any company won't make the person a good mod.

2. From what I know Steam games and others also have gamertag of sorts. Most of the self called through experience in VR cames with the excuse "I tried on my friend" or "I don't have to prove to you". So saying you didn't like the experience you had is ok, but when you go the lenght of bash the entirety of something and can't back your claim it usually means a troll or flammer. Also don't forget that VGC while accepting excessive positivism about any platform or game doesn't tolerate excessive hate.

1. My original point was for a specific user, and a specific type of user.  That still hasn't changed.  We're just talking in circles now. I don't really have much else to say on the matter.

2. I'm seeing more aggression coming from the pro VR side of things, to be honest.  It's actually quite childish how some are acting.  This thread itself started out as some kind of victory against a made up enemy like "VR Hate" or whatever.  And given there have been multiple bans against that "side", I'm going to guess I'm not the only one to see it that way. There are certain users who need to learn the difference between fact and opinion, and how to deal with differing ones from their own.  If they act that way in the real world, things are going to be bumpy for them in life.

1. I know you were talking about one specific, it still is valid for majority.

2. It is cool you say you are seeing more agression from pro and them using ad hominem against them. Also someone being banned doesn't mean their argument was wrong as there are a lot of rules that talk about speech but none that make it banworthy lying or spinning.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry Ka, you know that isn't true... console wars are mostly done on FOMO and justigying purchase. And how can say someone is criticizing because he doesn't have an insult?

If you'd have read any of the OP's posts you'd know it absolutely is true...

Off topic how did you get your PSN profile to work on this site? I can't get the card to work :S

Azuren said:
habam said:

as long as their is a mod that cant afford a VR headset yet its likely to happen pretty soon, im sure. If all mods had Vr headset/the chance to try the tech at least without getting motion sick, there would be a 0% chance.

BTW, this is not spam. But it doesnt matter obviously, if you talk about stuff a mod cant afford, you get banned. Its understandble

Modded by a poor moderator who can't afford VR - axum

While I don't agree with your attitude, I will agree that this thread at least was not spam. Even if most disagree with you, you made thought-out arguments and not single-sentence replies. You need to work on your presentation, though: people don't jump in line when you give them a sour attitude, they resent you instead.

On its own, no, it's not spam.  When the user is constantly creating topics about the same exact thing, then it becomes spam.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you'd have read any of the OP's posts you'd know it absolutely is true...

I don't get it...why do you keep coming in those threads if you don't have the slightest interest in VR?! Just why?!

Ka-pi96 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Off topic how did you get your PSN profile to work on this site? I can't get the card to work :S

I used the HTML code. VGC is old fashioned like that

ugh 502 bad gateway thanks anyway tho.

bigtakilla said:

400$ is quite a lot for PSVR, I agree. That's why I waited until lately and got it for 270,-. Well worth it imho, especially with all the PSN deals on VR software in January.

JWeinCom said: 
Azuren said: 

While I don't agree with your attitude, I will agree that this thread at least was not spam. Even if most disagree with you, you made thought-out arguments and not single-sentence replies. You need to work on your presentation, though: people don't jump in line when you give them a sour attitude, they resent you instead.

On its own, no, it's not spam.  When the user is constantly creating topics about the same exact thing, then it becomes spam.

I agree. He is overdoing it. He's not doing himself or anything VR a favour.

Ka-pi96 said: 
Errorist76 said: 

I don't get it...why do you keep coming in those threads if you don't have the slightest interest in VR?! Just why?!

Why do you keep harassing me? I'll go in whatever threads I want to go in!

You are the one harassing in all those threads...constantly. I just try to understand the reasoning, why you do it. I mean, I think I know why you do it, it's just sad.

DonFerrari said: 

1. I know you were talking about one specific, it still is valid for majority.

2. It is cool you say you are seeing more agression from pro and them using ad hominem against them. Also someone being banned doesn't mean their argument was wrong as there are a lot of rules that talk about speech but none that make it banworthy lying or spinning.

2. I'm not attacking anyone's character.  I'm just making an observation about the actions displayed right here on this forum.  I have no side in this little war.  And what exactly is their argument?  That VR is the only way to play games and if you don't agree you're either lying, a troll, or can't afford it so you're jealous?  That's not an argument.  That's idiocy.

JWeinCom said:
Azuren said:

Still going to have to disagree. I don't believe that a thought out post should get lumped in with spammy posts just because the poster is the same person.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames