By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VR Story time: How I saved a stranger from the VR Hate

CladInShadows said:
DonFerrari said: 

Nope his argument is that VR is great and people hating it aren't right and show why he think that.  Calling others childish is an attack, and you trying to justify yours attack and point finger doesn't do you any favor.

So VR is great and the people who don't like it are wrong.  Got it. 

Fact is, it's an immature stance to take, no matter how you slice it.  And that's before you consider the stance that everyone who dislikes it is a troll.  Or that people who genuinely dislike VR don't exist.  I have no qualms with calling this out as childish (which I haven't actually attached to any posters, by the way, just actions).  Because it is childish. If you consider this acceptable behavior, then have at it.

Anyways, I'm done. 

Yes that is his argument, pretty simple in fact.

So calling someone actions as childish isn't calling him that? Ok. Keeping a safe ground for your high horse?

JWeinCom said:
Errorist76 said:

Nothing he has done is trolling...you clearly were trolling in an earlier post though, ridiculing this thread. Be careful not to throw stones in a glass house.

I agree...This habam guy has clearly overdone it with VR threads lately...I wrote him an PM about it, but I wouldn't call it spam nor trolling...simply trying too hard. If people themselves wouldn't try to troll all the time those threads wouldn't be bounced up again and again.

You're right though...all this stuff would fit in the official VR thread and I've even PMed him about that exact topic. We'll see if he has understood the problem with his behaviour once his ban is lifted.

Nah.  I wasn't trolling.  Being an asshole sure, but that's not trolling.  From urban dictionary.

"The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help. 

Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll."

His over the top insistence that 100% of people love VR is so absurd that the point of it has to be to annoy people. Especially seeing as he was already banned for it at least once. It's textbook trolling.

So per your definition you are flaming?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
CladInShadows said:

So VR is great and the people who don't like it are wrong.  Got it. 

Fact is, it's an immature stance to take, no matter how you slice it.  And that's before you consider the stance that everyone who dislikes it is a troll.  Or that people who genuinely dislike VR don't exist.  I have no qualms with calling this out as childish (which I haven't actually attached to any posters, by the way, just actions).  Because it is childish. If you consider this acceptable behavior, then have at it.

Anyways, I'm done. 

So calling someone actions as childish isn't calling him that? Ok. Keeping a safe ground for your high horse?

JWeinCom said:

Nah.  I wasn't trolling.  Being an asshole sure, but that's not trolling.  From urban dictionary.

"The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help. 

Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll."

His over the top insistence that 100% of people love VR is so absurd that the point of it has to be to annoy people. Especially seeing as he was already banned for it at least once. It's textbook trolling.

No, I wouldn't say that.  Flaming generally involves personal attacks on someone.  I don't think my comment qualifies.

JWeinCom said:
DonFerrari said:

No, I wouldn't say that.  Flaming generally involves personal attacks on someone.  I don't think my comment qualifies.

So in what form do you consider the being an *hole not getting near flamming or attacking the OP? Because this and other threads got much more attacks to the OP than to the point made.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

So in what form do you consider the being an *hole not getting near flamming or attacking the OP? Because this and other threads got much more attacks to the OP than to the point made.

Sarcastically implying that someone's story is boring is not a personal attack.

JWeinCom said:
DonFerrari said:

Neither  is being an asshole, that is why I was confused.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

Well I'm confused as well... So I guess it's best just to end this.

JWeinCom said:
Errorist76 said:

I don't know...I've yet to experience someone who wasn't impressed with my PSVR.

Do you think 100% of people who claim to not like it are lying?

No, why would I? But I can definitely see how a bad setup, wrong configuration, wrong game to start with, overdoing it or just a bad game/experience could lead to people thinking they dislike it, when they probably would like it without those factors.

JWeinCom said:
DonFerrari said:

Well that was something. Respect Donny

Errorist76 said:
JWeinCom said:

I guess you want to enter our loop of confusion, because I also am confused at what you are convening on this.

DonFerrari said:
Errorist76 said:

I guess you want to enter our loop of confusion, because I also am confused at what you are convening on this.

Weren’t you being sarcastic, when you stated that being an asshole towards the OP wasn’t a personal attack?! 

Now I definitely entered the loop myself, haha.