By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: The Witcher 3 is boring, confusing, bad written and bad directed, etc...

HoloDust said:
Errorist76 said:

Play some Divinity 2 and STFU please....pardon the french. And they call Horizon an Action-RPG, which it is. Exactly like The Witcher 3.

I've played it. Your point being? Except that you're unpolite?

Horizon is not action RPG - it's action-adveture with RPG coat of paint.

TW3 is - barely, but it is.

My point was: There is still something for everybody, quit with the "RPG-elitist" talk.

And yes, that still makes Horizon an Action RPG, although much lighter than TW3 (which actually has very deep RPG systems, except for the pure character building of course.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
HoloDust said:

That still makes HZD an action rpg though.

No, it really doesn't.

Errorist76 said:
HoloDust said:

My point was: There is still something for everybody, quit with the "RPG-elitist" talk.

And yes, that still makes Horizon an Action RPG, although much lighter than TW3 (which actually has very deep RPG systems, except for the pure character building of course.

It has nothing to do with RPG-elitism.

Horizon is action-adventure/RPG hybrid, not action RPG. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with FPS-RPGs.

And if you think TW3 has deep RPG systems - you should really play more RPGs.

halil23 said:
Look like this guy convince me not to buy W3, so I'll just get Horizon Zero Dawn CE and Zelda.
Good plan guys?

Yes, just be prepared to get more frustrated with Zelda's outdated combat mechanics and camera, the longer you play it.

Insidb said:
halil23 said:
Look like this guy convince me not to buy W3, so I'll just get Horizon Zero Dawn CE and Zelda.
Good plan guys?

Yes, just be prepared to get more frustrated with Zelda's outdated combat mechanics and camera, the longer you play it.

That's not fair. Zelda has a perfectly fine mechanic to get around all that outdated combat. It just breaks all of your stuff so you don't even have to fight. Just because you're playing the game wrong doesn't mean it's bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The main point of the combat in the Witcher series is the preparation beforehand. Having the right potions and blade coatings and knowing which blades and spells to use is more important than the actual combat. That's true for every game in the series.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

So guys, 6 months trying to enjoy any of the 40 hours I have to quit. 

I can´t take anymore how dull and unfocused this game is, with pointless side quests that lead to nowhere. NO NO NO. 

I even decided to do something I never do with RPG and follow only the main quest... but NO... the main quest is even more boring and confusing. 

I could get away with the bad dialogue, bad camera work, bad facial animation, bad physics, or a skill tree that makes no sense.  But I can´t stand how confusing the world is, how forgettable and pointless the characters are, how long and derivates the quests are, how useless are your decisions.

To be honest .. I agree. Personally, I find "Witcher 3" mediocre, especially the dialogue / story / staging boring. That's why I sold it (after 17 hours of play).

There are games like Persona 5, Yakuza Zero, Metal Gear Solid 3, which touch the players extremely. People cry, laugh, have fun and become fascinated.
The tension, interesting characters and dialogues are incredibly strong. But witcher 3.. oh no -.-

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 30 January 2018

I agree.

And while we're at it, I also hated Bioshock. It was one of the worst games I have ever played and I just can't understand why it got so much praise.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I agree.

And while we're at it, I also hated Bioshock. It was one of the worst games I have ever played and I just can't understand why it got so much praise.

While I didn't hate Bioshock, I feel that it gets an undeserved amount of praise. But that holds true for almost every major AAA title I've tried in the past 20 years or so.

I agree for the most part (though i didnt find it "confusing) and made a thread too after i gave up on it
But i thought Horizon was worse (despite having better combat)

vivster said:
Insidb said:

That's not fair. Zelda has a perfectly fine mechanic to get around all that outdated combat. It just breaks all of your stuff so you don't even have to fight. Just because you're playing the game wrong doesn't mean it's bad.

Link functions like an absolute moron with that camera:

Trying to throw a rock forward? Lolz, nahhhhh.

A lynel! Behind me? Swing a sword!? Let me start climbing this tree!

Want me to glide into and climb that rock? I think I'll just...look...away...and fall...

Don't worry! I'm attacking the guy whom I can't hit. I can't be bothered with the guy behind me!

I just got stabbed by a spear from an enemy, THROUGH his friend?! Well, no one lives forever! Leeeeerrrro *dead*