By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: The Witcher 3 is boring, confusing, bad written and bad directed, etc...

Knitemare said:
I dont know if im losing my inner child, but I have it, on PC, played on 3 screens, special keyboard, high end mouse, and it got me bored. Didnt even finish the tutorial

Well there's your problem...what more can I say. How can you see what makes the game special (lore, quests and story) if you don't even give it a chance? Oh, and of course the beautiful women and the general maturity of it all. 

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 28 January 2018

Around the Network

Medisti said: 

Fair enough man, I wasn't trying to get you to like the game, even I got bored of it after a while. And sorry if I sounded angry or rude lol, I just sound that way whenever i'm discussing something. 

"But, I will say, in Breath of the Wild, when I push a button, it does that. In Witcher 3, it feels like it never does what I'm pressing. Like there's a delay to everything."

Lol, I felt like this was my experience on console too. But, there was enough room for speculation for me to be wrong. Maybe it wasn't a problem with The Witcher and I was just imagining it because I'm used to instant responses from game characters. But once I got on PC, the character movement felt so much more natural dude! It was horrid on PS4. 

Megiddo said:
I'm amused to see so many people not realizing that you can't just spam a bunch of buttons and expect Geralt to do them all. Combat has animations for each swing/maneuver and each animation must be completed before you can start the next. That's why there is "lag". The combat actually requires you to use some level of timing to chain swings/dodges.

Aka unresponsive. Same reason I don't like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls. Some people like that kind of slow, methodical gameplay, and that's fine, but I like the character to do what I want when I press it.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Medisti said: 

Fair enough man, I wasn't trying to get you to like the game, even I got bored of it after a while. And sorry if I sounded angry or rude lol, I just sound that way whenever i'm discussing something. 

"But, I will say, in Breath of the Wild, when I push a button, it does that. In Witcher 3, it feels like it never does what I'm pressing. Like there's a delay to everything."

Lol, I felt like this was my experience on console too. But, there was enough room for speculation for me to be wrong. Maybe it wasn't a problem with The Witcher and I was just imagining it because I'm used to instant responses from game characters. But once I got on PC, the character movement felt so much more natural dude! It was horrid on PS4. 

np man. You didn't come across like that. I've heard the PC version is much more responsive. I did play on PS4.

Disagree, in my opinion it is the best wrpg and multiplatform game this generation.

Around the Network

Ah but it is boring and has clunky combat but it does have a great world.The combat really did kill it for me.I got to the last set of islands but just couldn't complete the game.

Slimebeast said:
shikamaru317 said:

How the heck is Witcher 3, of all the games out there, the game you choose to call politically correct? As someone who cannot abide by politcal correctness in the slightest, I don't see it as politically correct at all, in fact I'd say it's anti-politically correct. In a world where feminists hate on any female game character that is sexualized in any way, shape, or form, CD Projekt fights back by making the majority of of female main characters in the series attractive. All of the sorceresses in the series are attractive and wear revealing outfits. Prostitution, not politically correct, yet you can visit whore houses in the game whenever you want to. Violence, not politcally correct, yet Witcher 3 is one of the most violent games I've ever played. The list goes on and on. 

But that is politically correct. It just doesn't censor things like SJWs do.

It portrays all the things you listed as negative things. Anti-politically correct would be to glorify beauty, the upper class ladies, prostition and sex and violence. But Witcher 3 is this clichéd "look how dirty and miserable our world is (because it's really a reflection of our world and all that is considered wrong in it by those who are politically correct)". The Witcher 3 is cultural critique against hierarchies, tradition, inequality, selfishness etc.

But the attractive sorceresses, I'll give them that perhaps. They're a bit too attractive and feminine to be considered 100% politically correct. But they'll tone down the sexyness of the sorceresses until their next game.

I don't see how portraying prostitution, violence, hierarchies, inequality and selfishness are considered bad things? Also, tradition for the sake of tradition isn't good either if it's rooted in harmful ideas.

*winds howling*

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

halil23 said:
JRPGfan said:

If you can, get all 3 imo.
But yeah nothing wrong with starting with Horizon Zero Dawn.

I hate grinding/chore games, apparently W3 is one of them?

embrace the grind :)
Theres abit of that in all rpgs.

But yeah dont just do the main quest's, do some side ones too, so it doesnt become a issue at some point.
Stick with the quests, dont go grinding out xp from mosnters (even if viable, if you dont like grinding).

malistix1985 said:
We cant all like the same thing, but The Witcher 3 is the best game of 2015 and one of the best RPGs ever made.

Unless someone thinks it isn't.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.