By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will any game come out in 2018 that is better than Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey?

Both personally and on metacritic, not even close.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I hope you're prepared for people to laugh at the things you like too...

I don't like FIFA.

So if you don't like FIFA, nobody can like FIFA?

Pavolink said:
No. BotW is the best game ever. And only a Zelda can dethrone Zelda. So maybe the next one on 2024-2025.

ftfy

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Better? That is subjective. If Metroid Prime 4 releases and is as good as the first game in the series, I'd say without a doubt it will be better than Zelda (subjectively of course) and I won't even dignify Mario. That game was a joke and made for casuals and kids.

Now, if we're talking better as in meta? I doubt it. Even if Metroid Prime 4 was as good as the first game, I don't see it scoring as highly with critics as Zelda did.

Doubtful. I haven’t played Mario, but Zelda is the best game I’ve ever played. That doesn’t happen every year.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, not sure what answer you're looking for. The title says a better game, and I'm 100% convinced a better game will come out this year, I mean it's a year where we'll likely have not one but two FIFA games, so yeah definitely going to get a better game.

But the OP looks like it's asking if there will be a higher rated game on metacritic, to which I'd say there's almost no chance of happening.

One question: Are you from UK?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It looks like you're referring to metacritic for this thread, which I imagine will likely be a 'no', as it's gonna be hard to beat 97-96. In terms of general opinion, well, it's yes and no, since everyone has their preferences. Some may think BotW and Odyssey are just average games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Anything can happen. Personally, Red Dead Redemption has a good chance to go up there.

I think there will be more games that get 90's or high 80's this year as far as aggregates are concerned. As far as their value against the games you mentioned, there will be many games based on consumer tastes that will be better than Mario Odyssey. Honestly, I think quite a few games were better than odyssey last year, but none that were better than Zelda. In truth, I think God of War, Spiderman, RDR and Days Gone all be better than Mario.

I think people in this thread are really doubting the critical praise that will be heaped upon God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. I think God of War will be close but not close enough. Red Dead Redemption 2 though? That one's trickier...