By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is VR good or bad? Fad or Future? Answered with common sense.

Errorist76 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If you were actually IN the games, you'd be dead when you die and not respawn. 

Now you're really grasping for straws Alfi.

No, I'm making a point using hyperbole. You're never going to be in the game. Even when/if VR gets to the point where you are doing more than passively watching the action with goggles and waving sticks or gloved hands with censors on them, you're still not going to be as immersed as your fantasies call for. 



Around the Network

Kaizer 2.0



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Some people just want to come and throw things at the OP....

Your points were good, I like PSVR but it will still take time for it to pick up.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Some people just want to come and throw things at the OP....

Your points were good, I like PSVR but it will still take time for it to pick up.

He has made numerous posts about VR (today alone he was already over 50 posts on the subject). If you take a look at these posts, you'll notice that he's unable to accept that someone has a different opinion about this. His intentions with this thread were clear: he tried to aim it at 'people who have no opinion about VR', so that no one could disagree with him.



Kaneman! said:
I was about to ask why all these VR threads, but now see that OP is banned. Good job Mods.

On topic: I would like OP to reconsider and let other people have their own opinion. If one can promote a certain product to the point of fanaticism, then he shouldn't expect to face no criticism.

Let's just take OP's point of couch VR multiplayer being more fun by passing the set around, than playing an actual multiplayer game like Mario Kart. Is that reasonable to think? I say no. I believe most people would enjoy playing the game along.
That being said, why would you want to play games like FIFA, any platformer or fighting game on VR?
What about people who get motion sick with a regular screen, and much more with VR?

All that, and more arguments make me NOT want to use VR, and I'm not a VR "hater" by any means. People just have different opinions and different tastes.

Eeeerrr so let's ban all people that are positive and post a lot about one subject? Kill the forum already then.

Read the OP, he isn't saying people can't have opinions and don't want even to have lovers or haters posting here because it will be shitfest... and considering all the gratuitous personal attack it didn't take long.

I didn't saw he saying it is better to play local co-op with VR than without, he just said there are some options for it.

How many gamers are there that get motion sick with regular screen?

If the game is well made on VR I wouldn't say there is any particular genre that can't have a game in VR.

LivingMetal said:
habam said:

please read OP next before commenting. Thanks. Not starting a argument here again.

But your thread title states "Is VR good or bad? fad or future? answered with common sense."

What if common sense concludes that it's bad...?

Then the person think it's bad, just that. But without trying to any reasonable degree that is a hard claim to make.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Flilix said:
DonFerrari said:
Some people just want to come and throw things at the OP....

Your points were good, I like PSVR but it will still take time for it to pick up.

He has made numerous posts about VR (today alone he was already over 50 posts on the subject). If you take a look at these posts, you'll notice that he's unable to accept that someone has a different opinion about this. His intentions with this thread were clear: he tried to aim it at 'people who have no opinion about VR', so that no one could disagree with him.

He could make 1000 threads about the subject, you can ignore or report... no need to attack the poster.

And people by attacking him, or posting showing they hate it are off-topic, so that are two faults in a single post.

I know I have avoided a lot of NS rumors for like almost 2 years... so not sure why so many are offended to have to avoid some posts for a day.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

"Now we should ask ourselves, is there actually a logical reason to lie about VR being good?"

Yes, the "common sense" answer would suggest said person is being paid to promote it...



Ka-pi96 said:
"Now we should ask ourselves, is there actually a logical reason to lie about VR being good?"

Yes, the "common sense" answer would suggest said person is being paid to promote it...

Are YOU being paid to talk it down?! WTF are you doing in all these threads?! You've stated so many times that you will NEVER EVER try VR. GTFO!



AlfredoTurkey said:
Errorist76 said:

Now you're really grasping for straws Alfi.

No, I'm making a point using hyperbole. You're never going to be in the game. Even when/if VR gets to the point where you are doing more than passively watching the action with goggles and waving sticks or gloved hands with censors on them, you're still not going to be as immersed as your fantasies call for. 

The moment I'm actually reaching out to touch things is enough immersion for me to feel like I'm there. You're not making a point, you're making excuses.



Errorist76 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
"Now we should ask ourselves, is there actually a logical reason to lie about VR being good?"

Yes, the "common sense" answer would suggest said person is being paid to promote it...

Are YOU being paid to talk it down?! WTF are you doing in all these threads?! You've stated so many times that you will NEVER EVER try VR. GTFO!

When somebody does something silly it's normal for people to be interested. And these threads are certainly getting silly.