By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Put it this way.

Nintendo stated that global sell through was ~7 million at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~2.3 million in the US and Media Create has it at ~1.8 million in Japan putting US+Japan total ~4.1 million at the end of Sept.

That means Switch had sold ~2.9 million outside of US/Japan at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~4.88 million and Media Create has 3.3 million for a total of ~8.2 million at the end of December.

If global sales are 12.3 million like this site estimates, Switch sales outside of US/Japan are ~4.1 million.

US went from 2.3 to 4.88 million

Japan went from 1.8 to 3.3 million

The rest went from 2.9 to 4.1 million

That means US & Japan sales basically went up 100% from Sept but only went up about 40% in other regions.

It just doesnt add up.

using the 10 million announcement  date is much better, vgcahrtz numbers make sense 100% if nintendo numbers are to be believed, even if use 3.5 million for december, the bulk of the sales come before the 25, till december 10 it should have easily sold 1 million WW in december, that leaves 2.5 million for 14 days of december, it makes perfect sense.

Your numbers makes no sense.

Dec 10-10 million

Then you go on to say 2.5 million in the 14 days between the 10th and Christmas.

Then somehow you believe 12.3m at the end of Dec is right?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
Meret said:

I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers on this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 460,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

Switch sales: "Japan accounts for 25% of Switch hardware sales, Nintendo says"

So Switch sales are at ~13,2 million by 12/31 at very least (and shipped like 15,000,000 - soon we'll see it). But even with that info from the open sources you "counted" only 12 million. Console launched in Asia, sold more that 100K in Korea alone in december. VGC estimates doesn't make any sense :(

There is absolutely no need for the amount of Venom in your post. Also the 13.2 million figure is from Famitsu not Nintendo but even then that would mean Nintendo sold 3.2 million switch units world wide in 2 weeks and that doesn't really seem that probable does it?

Well there is 21 days from Dec 10th to Dec 31th which is exactly 3 weeks.

Nintendo announced they passed the 10 million mark but who knows how precise it was. They probably just wanted to share a big and important landmark the Switch passed.

Not saying its at 13.2 millions cause it seems too high to me, but last week of december isn't usually that bad overall. I really think the Switch did better than this in US/Canada and RoTW during that week.

Anyway, we will find out soon.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

using the 10 million announcement  date is much better, vgcahrtz numbers make sense 100% if nintendo numbers are to be believed, even if use 3.5 million for december, the bulk of the sales come before the 25, till december 10 it should have easily sold 1 million WW in december, that leaves 2.5 million for 14 days of december, it makes perfect sense.

Dec 10-10 million

Then you go on to say 2.5 million in the 14 days between the 10th and Christmas.

because after the 24th the shopping season is over for Europe, and US.  as you can see by vgchartz numbers, even with the 24 which is a huge day included sales plummet, i'm giving very high estimates btw, i believe the numbers can't be off by more then 200k.

Last edited by quickrick - on 25 January 2018

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Dec 10-10 million

because after the 24th the shopping season is over for Europe, and US.  as you can see by vgchartz numbers, even with the 24 which is a huge day included sales plummet, i'm giving very high estimates btw, i believe the numbers can't be off by more then 200k.

Your number still dont add up.

Dec 10 is over 10 million, we agree on that.

Then you say 2.5 million over the next 2 weeks.

That brings it up to 12.5 million with one week left in the year.

That final week will still be a few 100k, so ~12.8m

Then you go on to say 12.3 million sounds right.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

thats if we use the highest number, remember using NPD data, 1.5 million for all of December right, we get 800-900k after the 10th from using basic estimates, since npd track from the 26 cyber monday included, we know japan is around 650k, we also know north america is nintedo best region so 600-700k for Europe the numbers are very close.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Dec 10-10 million

Hum not true at all. Sales are really good overall on the last day of december. 

Even the Wii in extreme shortage would be doing 150k better than Switch while the Switch is outselling it pretty much everywhere in the world. Maybe the numbers are right, but it would be the weakest last week of december i have ever seen and its not like the market isnt healthy...

PS4 did not that well in December so maybe the numbers are real, but Switch i really doubt.

Edit : I'm dumb and sorry lol just checked passed numbers and it would not be that terrible...

Last edited by xMetroid - on 25 January 2018

xMetroid said:
quickrick said:

Hum not true at all. Sales are really good overall on the last day of december. 

Even the Wii in extreme shortage would be doing 150k better than Switch while the Switch is outselling it pretty much everywhere in the world. Maybe the numbers are right, but it would be the weakest last week of december i have ever seen and its not like the market isnt healthy...

PS4 did not that well in December so maybe the numbers are real, but Switch i really doubt.

Edit : I'm dumb and sorry lol just checked passed numbers and it would not be that terrible...

wii is a totally different beast then switch if you research correctly you would know the only reason switch is ahead is because wii had no supplies for its first launch holiday, while switch was fully stocked for its first holiday, wii was doing 450-500k on NPD on regular months like october. for the past 5 years January sales for consoles has been very very slow. 

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

thats if we use the highest number, remember using NPD data, 1.5 million for all of December right, we get 800-900k after the 10th from using basic estimates, since npd track from the 26 cyber monday included, we know japan is around 650k, we also know north america is nintedo best region so 600-700k for Europe the numbers are very close.

How are you not understanding that your previous numbers dont add up?

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

How are you not understanding that your previous numbers dont add up?

forgot about my previous numbers. these numbers that vgchartz posted make perfect sense thats all i'm saying. just to add cyber monday 2017 was the best sales day for sales in amazon history, as well switch sold the most at target cyber monday, so tell me again how do these numbers from vgchartz not make sense? when switch probably sold 700k by December 10? that leaves 800k-850K in Npd for the rest of december because sales drop hard after the 24th.

quickrick said:

Tell me again how do these numbers from vgchartz not make sense?

I've already explained multiple times between this thread and others, if you want to ignore everything I said than be my guest.