By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:
Switch numbers seem much too low in Europe/RotW.

NPD has Switch as 4.88 million. We know Canada was over 200k in Sept and had a very strong holiday so when factoring in Canada+Latin America than Americas should be a minimum of 5.3 million.

Media Create has Switch over 3.3 million.

Americas+Japan is over 8.6 million which would put what Nintendo calls Others at 3.6 million.

Every shipment & sales update from Nintendo has Others right in the middle of Japan & Americas so it being just 300k over Japan and 1.7 million behind Americas doesnt seem right.

numbers seem close i would put switch at 12.4 sold. nintendo said 10 milion by December 10, switch sold 1.5 million in december, it had 14 days of tracking before the 10 million announcement , then it has another 14 days holiday shopping is over, is assuming in those 14 days it sold around 600k which is low number because it includes cyber monday, that leaves 900k in US, 650K, 700 in europe rest of the world 200k for those 14 days.

Switch sales: "Japan accounts for 25% of Switch hardware sales, Nintendo says"

Do your math.

Around the Network
Meret said:
trunkswd said:

Adjustment for Japan is done. Just hasn't been updated on the front page yet. New figure we have is 136,983 units.

Edit: I do appreciate people pointing out where our figures differ from official numbers, NPD, Media Create, etc. 

I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers of this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 460,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

So Switch sales are at ~13,2 million by 12/31 at very least (and shipped like 15,000,000 - soon we'll see it). But even with that info from the open sources you "counted" only 12 million. Console launched in Asia, sold more that 100K in Korea alone in december. VGC estimates doesn't make any sense :(

Dude chill. It's a free site with a lot of people working hard to provide numbers. When ninteno themselves release numbers I'm sure they will bring them in line. 

Meret said:
trunkswd said:

Adjustment for Japan is done. Just hasn't been updated on the front page yet. New figure we have is 136,983 units.

Edit: I do appreciate people pointing out where our figures differ from official numbers, NPD, Media Create, etc. 

I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers on this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 460,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

So Switch sales are at ~13,2 million by 12/31 at very least (and shipped like 15,000,000 - soon we'll see it). But even with that info from the open sources you "counted" only 12 million. Console launched in Asia, sold more that 100K in Korea alone in december. VGC estimates doesn't make any sense :(

There is absolutely no need for the amount of Venom in your post. Also the 13.2 million figure is from Famitsu not Nintendo but even then that would mean Nintendo sold 3.2 million switch units world wide in 2 weeks and that doesn't really seem that probable does it?

Last edited by JSG87 - on 25 January 2018

Meret said:
quickrick said:

numbers seem close i would put switch at 12.4 sold. nintendo said 10 milion by December 10, switch sold 1.5 million in december, it had 14 days of tracking before the 10 million announcement , then it has another 14 days holiday shopping is over, is assuming in those 14 days it sold around 600k which is low number because it includes cyber monday, that leaves 900k in US, 650K, 700 in europe rest of the world 200k for those 14 days.

Do your math.

what? we have numbers, so vgcahrtz, media create and nintendo are all wrong?

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:
Switch numbers seem much too low in Europe/RotW.

NPD has Switch as 4.88 million. We know Canada was over 200k in Sept and had a very strong holiday so when factoring in Canada+Latin America than Americas should be a minimum of 5.3 million.

Media Create has Switch over 3.3 million.

Americas+Japan is over 8.6 million which would put what Nintendo calls Others at 3.6 million.

Every shipment & sales update from Nintendo has Others right in the middle of Japan & Americas so it being just 300k over Japan and 1.7 million behind Americas doesnt seem right.

Put it this way.

Nintendo stated that global sell through was ~7 million at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~2.3 million in the US and Media Create has it at ~1.8 million in Japan putting US+Japan total ~4.1 million at the end of Sept.

That means Switch had sold ~2.9 million outside of US/Japan at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~4.88 million and Media Create has 3.3 million for a total of ~8.2 million at the end of December.

If global sales are 12.3 million like this site estimates, Switch sales outside of US/Japan are ~4.1 million.

US went from 2.3 to 4.88 million

Japan went from 1.8 to 3.3 million

The rest went from 2.9 to 4.1 million

That means US & Japan sales basically went up 100% from Sept but only went up about 40% in other regions.

It just doesnt add up.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

And people think NS will win 2018 worldwide...

Meret said: 
I'm sorry, but your numbers are fake as hell. Why are you even doing this? I mean, there's a lot of fake numbers on this site. What the heck is this Xenosaga sales, for example? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4756/xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/Japan/ The game didn't even released in Europe, LOL, but you have european sales at 460,000. WHAT? And there's a lot of situations like that. I used to read this site a lot, but it becomes clear that you don't have any data at all. It's like you're looking at the "crystal ball" and repeat with mistakes and fake info.

Ugh. What a vile post. And people wonder why CGI tries to calm things down.

All numbers will be adjusted eventually. You guys don't pay anything. Try manage a sales site yourselves if you think it's so damn easy (hint: there's more to it than just managing Switch numbers together with a few Nintendo games).

Europe still undertracked?

raulbalarezo said:
And people think NS will win 2018 worldwide...

Yep, nothing crazy about that prediction at all just like there is nothing crazy about predicting a win for PS4.

It should be a pretty competitive year between them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Put it this way.

Nintendo stated that global sell through was ~7 million at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~2.3 million in the US and Media Create has it at ~1.8 million in Japan putting US+Japan total ~4.1 million at the end of Sept.

That means Switch had sold ~2.9 million outside of US/Japan at the end of Sept.

NPD has it at ~4.88 million and Media Create has 3.3 million for a total of ~8.2 million at the end of December.

If global sales are 12.3 million like this site estimates, Switch sales outside of US/Japan are ~4.1 million.

US went from 2.3 to 4.88 million

Japan went from 1.8 to 3.3 million

The rest went from 2.9 to 4.1 million

That means US & Japan sales basically went up 100% from Sept but only went up about 40% in other regions.

It just doesnt add up.

using the 10 million announcement  date is much better, vgcahrtz numbers make sense 100% if nintendo numbers are to be believed, even if use 3.5 million for december, the bulk of the sales come before the 25, till december 10 it should have easily sold 1 million WW in december, that leaves 2.5 million for 14 days of december, it makes perfect sense.