By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

well thats the first time i seen something like, this makes it possible, not likely, because the 10 million announcement is something companies want to announce asap for PR, and nintedo put a official date on when they surpassed that number,  but at least it's possible  now which is enough for me. 

StarDoor covered that point already. Switch surpassed 10m during the week ending December 10th. It is unknown on which day of that week.

oh that was his point, yea then its makes the numbers seem possible. but if 13.4 million is correct as of dec 31  i'm pretty sure nintendo would have announced 14 million the other day, as they would be well over that by now.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

StarDoor covered that point already. Switch surpassed 10m during the week ending December 10th. It is unknown on which day of that week.

oh that was his point, yea then its makes the numbers seem possible. but if 13.4 million is correct as of dec 31  i'm pretty sure nintendo would have announced 14 million the other day, as they would be well over that by now.

They probably are but are a very conservative company. They don't like claiming stuff unless they are totally sure of it. So the missing data from Asia etc could have easily covered it but as Nintendo like to be sure, they erred on the side of caution and said 13m instead of 14.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Can anyone sum up why out of all weeks, this weeks current sales at Vgchartz got sooooo popular?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Can anyone sum up why out of all weeks, this weeks current sales at Vgchartz got sooooo popular?

Switch adjustments

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

They probably are but are a very conservative company. They don't like claiming stuff unless they are totally sure of it. So the missing data from Asia etc could have easily covered it but as Nintendo like to be sure, they erred on the side of caution and said 13m instead of 14.

yea maybe, but japan has 270k till the 28, that should put them at 13.67 jan 28, that leaves 330k for europe, and north america in 28 days, i think it should clearly be over 14 million.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

yea maybe, but japan has 270k till the 28, that should put them at 13.67 jan 28, that leaves 330k for europe, and north america in 28 days, i think it should clearly be over 14 million.

Indeed. Should be. Maybe they didn't have the full set of data from all regions, easily to hand. Anyway, again. Nothing worth getting stressed about.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Jranation said:

Switch topped the PS4.