By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

quickrick said:
StarDoor said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's look at all of the sell-through announcements in 2017:

Sony said that PS4 had sold 53.4 million units as of January 1st, which was a Sunday.

Sony said that PS4 had sold 60.4 million units as of June 11th, which was a Sunday.

Sony said that PS4 had sold over 70.6 million units as of December 3rd, which was a Sunday.

Nintendo said that Switch had sold over 10 million units as of December 10th, which was a Sunday.

Sony said that PS4 had sold 73.6 million units as of December 31st, which was a Sunday.

Hell, back when Sony announced that PS4 had passed 10 million units, it was as of August 10th, 2014, which was a Sunday.

Companies run on weekly schedules. You even tried to bring up Nintendo's quarterly presentation in this thread, which showed Switch's sell-through on a weekly basis. But now, when it's convenient for you, you're going to say that it's actually tracked daily, because you want Switch's sales to be as low as possible. Pathetic.

i'm just going by data we have the numbers don't make sense, the most logical number for switch is 12.7-12.8 million, if they use 10 million we have to assume its very close to 10 million, the other stuff i have no idea what you are talking about.

You should just give it up. Your 1 man crusade to question Switch numbers constantly is becoming a compulsive obsession. Chill out, go out, play some games, play MK8D. (Oh wait, you can't.)

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

i'm just going by data we have the numbers don't make sense, the most logical number for switch is 12.7-12.8 million, if they use 10 million we have to assume its very close to 10 million, the other stuff i have no idea what you are talking about.

You should just give it up. Your 1 man crusade to question Switch numbers constantly is becoming a compulsive obsession. Chill out, go out, play some games, play MK8D. (Oh wait, you can't.)

going out tonight, but yea, it just bother me, the numbers are obviously wrong but what ever. keep in mind that i havent worked for a year and have to much free time, lol.  

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

going out tonight, but yea, it just bother me, the numbers are obviously wrong but what ever. keep in mind that i havent worked for a year and have to much free time, lol.  

Actually, i guessed that but not worth getting so worked up over something which only Nintendo and possibly some trackers know. Your perception of the facts and figures may make things not add up to yourself but they can be interpreted in so many different ways by most if not all other people. There's no point in worrying about such trivial points as sales numbers. You will make yourself ill! Get out and have some fun, then you will realise there's lots more important in life than worrying about sales numbers of consoles! Lol

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

It bothers you that they are "obviously wrong" but when they had it undertracked you were completely fine with the numbers......yeah that's not hypocritical at all.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

Actually, i guessed that but not worth getting so worked up over something which only Nintendo and possibly some trackers know. Your perception of the facts and figures may make things not add up to yourself but they can be interpreted in so many different ways by most if not all other people. There's no point in worrying about such trivial points as sales numbers. You will make yourself ill! Get out and have some fun, then you will realise there's lots more important in life than worrying about sales numbers of consoles! Lol

lol 100% agreed.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

It bothers you that they are "obviously wrong" but when they had it undertracked you were completely fine with the numbers......yeah that's not hypocritical at all.

i told u i would put it at 12.5, but i felt the numbers made prefect sense, and were close, after the announcement of 10 million, we have to assume the number is close because its always been assumed like this, no reason to change now, when we have no facts to back it up, 14 days missing from npd data, would put switch at 800k-900k in npd its best selling region, i don't how it goes over 3 million WW, but what ever vgcahrtz numbers are usually wrong anyway. 

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

lol 100% agreed.

Well, have fun tonight. Hopefully you can look at things with a different perspective in the morning!

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

We have numbers announcement of 2.6 million where it was actually 2.6 million on the head, but no i'm  not talking bout measly  80k in 4,8 million, but if they announce over 10 million, or 4.8, yea you can expect any where from 10-99k difference that should be obvious. like announcing over 70.6 million, i don't expect it be over by 200k. 

Ignore zorg, he is an amateur.

https://www.wired.com/2010/01/december-wii-sales/

https://www.wired.com/2010/01/december-npd-the-nintendo-that-stole-christmas/

Nintendo announced "over 3m Wiis sold" in a press release, the actual figure was 3.81m.

If a company announces over 70.6m, you of course don't expect it to be 70.8m because the announcement already limits the range due to its use of a decimal; the same thing holds true for a figure like 4.8m. But if there's no decimal, the potential range for "over 10m" goes up to 10.9m, just like the potential range for "over 3m Wiis sold" goes up to 3.9m.

I was just using the most recent example, give me a break lol

But yeah this further proves how ignorant his stance is. Over 3 million actually turned out to be over 3.8 million.

Also i believe Nintendo stated a few months ago that it passed 2 million in the US then NPD numbers leaked at it was actually over 2.3 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

We have numbers announcement of 2.6 million where it was actually 2.6 million on the head, but no i'm  not talking bout measly  80k in 4,8 million, but if they announce over 10 million, or 4.8, yea you can expect any where from 10-99k difference that should be obvious. like announcing over 70.6 million, i don't expect it be over by 200k. 

Nintendo announced "over 3m Wiis sold" in a press release, the actual figure was 3.81m.

If a company announces over 70.6m, you of course don't expect it to be 70.8m because the announcement already limits the range due to its use of a decimal; the same thing holds true for a figure like 4.8m. But if there's no decimal, the potential range for "over 10m" goes up to 10.9m, just like the potential range for "over 3m Wiis sold" goes up to 3.9m.

well thats the first time i seen something like, this makes it possible, not likely, because the 10 million announcement is something companies want to announce asap for PR, and nintedo put a official date on when they surpassed that number,  but at least it's possible  now which is enough for me. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 02 February 2018

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

well thats the first time i seen something like, this makes it possible, not likely, because the 10 million announcement is something companies want to announce asap for PR, and nintedo put a official date on when they surpassed that number,  but at least it's possible  now which is enough for me. 

That's the spirit!