By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

Ryng_Tolu said:
13k for Switch in Japan xD Ok what?

Grab your pitchfork.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

He's in the process of making adjustments. Exercise some patience.

Seems a bit harsh to say, hes just pointing out an error, how was he supposed to know Trunks was already aware of the mistake?

Nothing harsh about requesting patience. These guys work as hard as they do to bring these updates in the first place. Asking for patience is reasonable.

CGI-Quality said:
zorg1000 said:

Seems a bit harsh to say, hes just pointing out an error, how was he supposed to know Trunks was already aware of the mistake?

Nothing harsh about requesting patience. To me, it’s just as “harsh” to give these guys the grief many do when they work as hard as they do to bring these updates in the first place.

I think he meant the way you worded it but I wasn't giving anyone grief either. I was just pointing out there was a mistake as was said above and I had no idea it was being corrected.

CGI-Quality said:
zorg1000 said:

Nothing harsh about requesting patience. These guys work as hard as they do to bring these updates in the first place. Asking for patience is reasonable.

Your profile picture scares a lot of people and therefore makes all of your posts condescending.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

JSG87 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nothing harsh about requesting patience. To me, it’s just as “harsh” to give these guys the grief many do when they work as hard as they do to bring these updates in the first place.

I think he meant the way you worded it but I wasn't giving anyone grief either. I was just pointing out there was a mistake as was said above and I had no idea it was being corrected.

Adjustment for Japan is done. Just hasn't been updated on the front page yet. New figure we have is 136,983 units.

Edit: I do appreciate people pointing out where our figures differ from official numbers, NPD, Media Create, etc. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 25 January 2018

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Oh I know what he meant, but “Exercise patience”? Didn’t read harshly to me. I’m actually a little surprised, as I adjusted that from “be patient “, which to me, sounds worse. :p

I admit, I take some offense to some of the crap our guys take. Nothing against you personal, JSG. More of a general annoyance.

@Rol:

CGI-Quality said:
zorg1000 said:

Its harsh when the person isnt showing any signs of being impatient.

Like i said, all he did was point out an error since there was no indication that the person responsible for said error knew they made one.

Thats not being impatient, thats attempting to be helpful.

I agree that its harsh to give grief to the people who provide numbers but thats kinda irrelevant wouldnt you say?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Double post

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 January 2018

CGI-Quality said:
JSG87 said:

Oh I know what he meant, but “Exercise patience”? Didn’t read harshly to me. I’m actually a little surprised, as I adjusted that from “be patient “, which to me, sounds worse. :p

@Rol: That’s the idea.

Guess i took what you said wrong, my bad.

Whenever i hear someone tell another to be patient, its because they are being pushy and JSG didnt come off as pushy to me.

Sorry again.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

@Rol: That’s the idea.

Guess i took what you said wrong, my bad.

Whenever i hear someone tell another to be patient, its because they are being pushy and JSG didnt come off as pushy to me.

Sorry again.

Ah, no worries my good man! Seems like a misunderstanding all around!