By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

dude 7 million sell through was at the end of october.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/super_mario_odyssey_has_already_cleared_2_million_sales

I guess this means Switch was beasting in Europe during November.

not really because switch probably sold in north america from november till December 10, around 1.6 million, around 600k in japan, and probably 900k in europe  

Around the Network

Ok. Can we just say the NS sold 15M units as january 3rd or something. Guessing that will make everyone happy.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

I never said anything about shipments.

In their presentation for end of Sept they stated sell through was 7 million.

dude 7 million sell through was at the end of october.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/super_mario_odyssey_has_already_cleared_2_million_sales

Well son a bitch, i could have sworn it was Sept.

That would give end of Sept something like a 1.3 million shipped vs sold difference though which seems quite high.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Intrinsic said:
Ok. Can we just say the NS sold 15M units as january 3rd or something. Guessing that will make everyone happy.

Make it 20M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

End of Oct
Global-~7 million
US-~2.6 million
Japan-~2 million
Leftover-~2.4 million

Dec 10
Global-~10 million (+3m)
US-~4 million (+1.4m)
Japan-~2.7 million (+700k)
Leftover-~3.3 million (+900k)

Global-12.3 million (+2.3m)
US-4.88 million (+900k)
Japan-3.3 million (+600k)
Leftover-4.1 million (+800k)

That actually doesnt seem too bad.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

According to VGC the PS4 SYSTEMATICALLY outsold the Switch in December worldwide but according to some Switch fans it's the Switch who outsold the PS4 worldwide...

While I trust VGC figures better than fans' (VGC adjusts figures but being so off the mark seems odd) I can't rule out what fans say or I'd be one too on the Playstation side so I hope Nintendo releases official figures for December so that we know once and for all which did what. It will be pretty easy to calculate as the official Switch sales as of December 1 are of 10M. So as it CURRENTLY stands PS4 sold like 3M units whereas Switch sold 2M...

CrazyGamer2017 said:
According to VGC the PS4 SYSTEMATICALLY outsold the Switch in December worldwide but according to some Switch fans it's the Switch who outsold the PS4 worldwide...

While I trust VGC figures better than fans' (VGC adjusts figures but being so off the mark seems odd) I can't rule out what fans say or I'd be one too on the Playstation side so I hope Nintendo releases official figures for December so that we know once and for all which did what. It will be pretty easy to calculate as the official Switch sales as of December 1 are of 10M. So as it CURRENTLY stands PS4 sold like 3M units whereas Switch sold 2M...

Here are VGC estimates for Dec (Nov 26-Dec 30)

PS4-4.0 million

NSW-3.4 million

XBO-2.2 million

3DS-1.5 million

trunkswd said:

Nintendo will release shipment figures for the end of 2017 when they release their quarterly report. If adjustments need to be made once we have official figures I will be sure to get those done. Also Switch hit 10M on December 10, not December 1.

December 10 ok, sorry my bad.

My point was that I trust you guys better than I do fans. If it was up to them the Switch would appear in the charts here as selling a trillion units and the PS4 would be selling nothing. But only the truth matters in the end so that's why I'm saying that we wait on official figures.

Until official figures we don't know exactly, you VGC have fairly good estimates but we don't really know the exact figures... except for Switch fans who of course know EXACTLY how many Switch units and PS4 units have sold so far... Hence my distrust of their statements.

If I'm not mistaken PS4 is officially at 73.6M Units as of December 31 so you got that right. I think your estimates of 12M for Switch is really close but let's give those know-it-all fans a chance cause until official figures, me telling them they are wrong is just as wrong as them saying they are right.

I like how all 3 competitors have a different strongest market.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
trunkswd said:

Nintendo will release shipment figures for the end of 2017 when they release their quarterly report. If adjustments need to be made once we have official figures I will be sure to get those done. Also Switch hit 10M on December 10, not December 1.

December 10 ok, sorry my bad.

My point was that I trust you guys better than I do fans. If it was up to them the Switch would appear in the charts here as selling a trillion units and the PS4 would be selling nothing. But only the truth matters in the end so that's why I'm saying that we wait on official figures.

Until official figures we don't know exactly, you VGC have fairly good estimates but we don't really know the exact figures... except for Switch fans who of course know EXACTLY how many Switch units and PS4 units have sold so far... Hence my distrust of their statements.

If I'm not mistaken PS4 is officially at 73.6M Units as of December 31 so you got that right. I think your estimates of 12M for Switch is really close but let's give those know-it-all fans a chance cause until official figures, me telling them they are wrong is just as wrong as them saying they are right.

Hold the phone. Are you telling me those numbers I got aren't accurate? :V