By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 3): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 15-21, 2018

Pagan said:

Oh wow. I thought that labo announcement would sell 5bilion switches..

Can’t sell what isn’t available

Around the Network
Pagan said:

Oh wow. I thought that labo announcement would sell 5bilion switches..

Someone is sure optimistic! Your going too far with Labo its actual kinda amusing LoL

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Nah to both. Japan unless BotW falls off a cliff itll outsell FF there. WW BotW will be ahead easily.

As for your last comment, why does that really matter? Im assuming your talking about switch only BotW excluding WiiU right? If so why would you exclude that

I'm talking about switch software vs ps4 software as a whole. You are always cherry picking titles to put your Nintendo games up against. Ps4 has so much more software for buyers to choose from. It makes far more sense just comparing overall software. 

Im cherry picking, This coming from the person who cherry picks the most at this site? Comical. As for your follow post there is no need to discuss about it because you contradicted yourself

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

I'm talking about switch software vs ps4 software as a whole. You are always cherry picking titles to put your Nintendo games up against. Ps4 has so much more software for buyers to choose from. It makes far more sense just comparing overall software. 

Here is the comparison of software sales in Japan in a comparable timeframe:

PS4 in 2014, launch in February - 2.584m
Switch in 2017, launch in March - 5.973m

Ps4 has more games to choose from so i can't compare Zelda to FF its not fair

Edit:  thank u for showing this. Thats interesting

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

Here is the comparison of software sales in Japan in a comparable timeframe:

PS4 in 2014, launch in February - 2.584m
Switch in 2017, launch in March - 5.973m

How does hardware compare in the same timeframe? 

Around the Network

so how low stock has been, i'm guessing nintendo shipped 13.5 million for the quarter

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

How does hardware compare in the same timeframe? 

PS4 - 0.992m
Switch - 3.187m (VGC is probably missing a week)

Makes sense to me that the PS4 had a higher attach rate, wonder how long that'll go on.

The Monster Hunter effect will be enough for PS4 to lead the next 2 weeks easily I believe. When does the next big Switch game drop in Japan?

quickrick said:
so how low stock has been, i'm guessing nintendo shipped 13.5 million for the quarter

This is a new quarter though?

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

This is a new quarter though?

I'm talking about nintendo shipped numbers which will be reported in 6 days.