By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - An assessment from Quickrick about Switch HW and SW sales.

Poll! Saleswise, do you think these franchises are as big as 3D Mario?

Smash Bros. 1 5.26%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

2D Mario 1 5.26%

None 3 15.79%

All 8 42.11%

Smash and AC 0 0%

Smash and 2D Mario 1 5.26%

AC and 2D Mario 5 26.32%

Total:19
quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

1. To say Galaxy without Galaxy 2 is conjecture. We have no proof it would have outsold Smash.

2. You have gone from saying 3D is "Way ahead of" Smash in sales to saying it's on par. Which is it?

3. Mario is a bigger franchise as a whole because there are literally 100's of "Mario" titles. It is more important than Smash in most aspects but the fact remains, game for game (including the same amount of games for each franchise) 3D Mario does not outsell Smash.

1: common sense, if you know how nintendo titles sell, you know mario galaxy 2 release is gonna slow down mario galaxy sales a bit, this is true for any title, why you think GTA6 hasn't come out yet

2:  3d mario has way more sales in it's life time, on a game to game bases they have been selling on par.

3: 3d mario only has 6 games, not counting MO or the remake.

See, your answer to point 2 is the important thing here. You have gone from saying 3D Mario "Way exceeds Smash in sales" to saying it was on par. So if that's what you really think then say it! Thank you! Your comments are often conflicting. Now, do you remember how this whole debate actually started?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

1: common sense, if you know how nintendo titles sell, you know mario galaxy 2 release is gonna slow down mario galaxy sales a bit, this is true for any title, why you think GTA6 hasn't come out yet

mario games tend to sell through the system whole generation, there has never been two 3d mario games on 1 console only on wii. you realize mario galaxy 2 only came out 2 years after the first, so people might have picked that up instead of galaxy 1. you think if the sequel to smash on wii came out 2 years later it wouldn't have slowed down smash sales a bit, with people picking the sequel instead of the first, yea it's common sense, were talking about a minuscule amount, galaxy sold 12.7 million, vs 13.2 for smash. so i'm talking about a very small amount of lost sales.    

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

2:  3d mario has way more sales in it's life time, on a game to game bases they have been selling on par.

3: 3d mario only has 6 games, not counting MO or the remake.

See, your answer to point 2 is the important thing here. You have gone from saying 3D Mario "Way exceeds Smash in sales" to saying it was on par. So if that's what you really think then say it! Thank you! Your comments are often conflicting. Now, do you remember how this whole debate actually started?

you and some other poster were calling AC, and smash bigger franchises then 3d mario they are not i any form bigger franchises. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Are we going to resort to these threads singling out people because of their opinions?
I've seen quickrick picked on because he has opinions that go against the Nintendo grain. Quickrick actually backs himself up quite well with some of opinions but mob mentality of some users just attack him and sometimes get personal which I don't believe quickrick has with anybody.
Can we please stop singling out people?

As per my reply to Ganoncrotch, i didn't invite him here to single him out or to try to get others to attack him. I actually think he is becoming a much more reasonable poster. I brought him here and mentioned him because we were derailing another thread and i have a point to try to prove to him which is coming up.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Are we going to resort to these threads singling out people because of their opinions?
I've seen quickrick picked on because he has opinions that go against the Nintendo grain. Quickrick actually backs himself up quite well with some of opinions but mob mentality of some users just attack him and sometimes get personal which I don't believe quickrick has with anybody.
Can we please stop singling out people?

As per my reply to Ganoncrotch, i didn't invite him here to single him out or to try to get others to attack him. I actually think he is becoming a much more reasonable poster. I brought him here and mentioned him because we were derailing another thread and i have a point to try to prove to him which is coming up.

I think it should be up to quickrick to make the thread and did you really have to put him in the title and mock him in the OP?

Around the Network
quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

you and some other poster were calling AC, and smash bigger franchises then 3d mario they are not i any form bigger franchises. 

No, no. That's not what started it. The point was that you stated and have always stated that Nintendo "Blew their bolt" in 2017 by "Releasing all their biggest franchises". We pointed out to you that sales-wise and sales potential wise they hadn't and brought up 3 franchises to you you that were "At least as big as 3D Mario". I know you still refuse to believe it, well maybe apart from Smash but hasn't it enlightened you, even a little?

If quickrick wants to create a thread to discuss his own predictions and debate things with people, then let quickrick do that. He's very eager to discuss and debate things with people, as you can tell from his quick growth in popularity on the forum.

Currently, this is violating Rule 3 regarding thread creation and Thread Content - Threads should not be aimed at one user (or moderator) in particular, especially not to call them out or insult them. If you want to talk to a user, send them a wall post, or a Private Message.

I'm locking it up.