By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - An assessment from Quickrick about Switch HW and SW sales.

Poll! Saleswise, do you think these franchises are as big as 3D Mario?

Smash Bros. 1 5.26%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

2D Mario 1 5.26%

None 3 15.79%

All 8 42.11%

Smash and AC 0 0%

Smash and 2D Mario 1 5.26%

AC and 2D Mario 5 26.32%

Total:19

As far as brand recognition, 3D Mario is bigger than AC and Smash.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:

even in sales 3d Mario is far ahead.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

Agreed. Switch has everything in place for AC to comfortably outsell all of its predecessors.

it doesn't really matter, at the moment AC, and smash are not bigger franchises then 3d mario, and with the way MO is selling, its not looking good for them.

Smash, yes. Animal Crossing, debatable. Sure, Odyssey is an amazing game and i think your prediction for it is totally reasonable. However, what if Switch Animal Crossing and Smash are also amazing games that are the best by far in their series? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that these games too, if good enough can reach these figures. I've already called it. You waaay underestimate the popularity of Animal Crossing. I take it you are the 1 person that voted "None"?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Agreed but this thread is purely about sales.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Pls vote, people!

Mate, you need to let this one go, people on the internet are going to naysay Nintendo, they've been doing so since the internet was invented. I'm fairly sure the first email ever sent included the word "Nintendont"

This thread isn't a good idea, just go play some Switch :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

even in sales 3d Mario is far ahead.

We've already proved to you Smash is a bigger seller. So how can 3D Mario be "Way ahead"?

peachbuggy said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Agreed but this thread is purely about sales.

if your  talking about out sales

1996   Super Mario 64 with ds version 23.24
2002   Super Mario Sunshine 6.31  
2007   Super Mario Galaxy series 20.39

2011   Super Mario 3D series 16.93

smash 

1999 Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros. 5.55 [1] 2.93m in US[2], 1.97 in Japan[3]
2001 GameCube Super Smash Bros. Melee 7.41 (March 2014)[1]
2008 Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl 13.25 (Sept 2017)[4]
2014 3DS Super Smash Bros. for 3DS 8.91 (Sept 2017)
2014 Wii U Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 5.26 (Sept 2017)

Year 

Platform 

Title 

Sales
(in Millions) 

2001 GameCube Animal Crossing 2.32 million[1]
1.68 million in US, 641,300 in Japan[2]
2005 NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World 11.75 million[1](March 2015)
2008 Wii Animal Crossing: City Folk 4.32 million [1](December 2013)
2013 3DS Animal Crossing: New Leaf 11.23 million[3] (September 2017)
2015 3DS Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer 3.04 million[4]
2015 Wii U Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival <<1 million
Franchise total (as of September 30, 2017)32.40
Last edited by quickrick - on 21 January 2018

Ganoncrotch said:
peachbuggy said:
Pls vote, people!

Mate, you need to let this one go, people on the internet are going to naysay Nintendo, they've been doing so since the internet was invented. I'm fairly sure the first email ever sent included the word "Nintendont"

This thread is a chance for the naysayers to have their say then see how foolish they look.

Mario Odyssey will sell extraordinarily well for a 3D Mario, since it's by far the most ambitious game in the franchise since Mario 64. Whether or not Animal Crossing, Smash and 2D Mario can beat it will depend on how much they change their franchises.

peachbuggy said:
Ganoncrotch said:

This thread is a chance for the naysayers to have their say then see how foolish they look.

• Thread Content:
    • Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. Instead, you may paste specific sections of the article that pertain to the subject of your thread, along with your own commentary related to that article.
    • Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.  You must include your own commentary.
    • Threads are only "official" if a moderator says so (to get Moderator approval, you must contact a moderator and they must be the one to approve your idea/title for an "Official" thread).
    • If two threads on a topic are created around the same time, the one with the clearest title and most constructive content will remain open, the other will be locked. Even if the latter was created first.
    • Threads should not be aimed at one user (or moderator) in particular, especially not to call them out or insult them. If you want to talk to a user, send them a wall post, or a Private Message.
    • Posts that are clearly a reply or a response to a thread should be just that, a post. Threads should not be a response or a retaliation to another thread. Keep related discussion in the appropriate thread.
    • Moderators may edit the content of your thread (including your thread title) if they deem it necessary to do so. If thread content is edited, please do not remove or change these edits without asking the moderator who issued them (via PM).

Forum rule 3.3.5 suggests this thread is a bad idea though, especially considering you've made it clear your goal here is to make them look bad.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive