By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: Switch may have sold 7m units globally during Oct-Dec, bringing LTD sales at more than 14.6m

Dr.Vita said:
Nintendoisnumber1 said:

The Switch has a much better library than the Vita. There's still nothing much to rave about after 5 years of the p's Vita being out.

The PS2 classics (Jak & Daxter Collection, God of War Collection...) on PS Vita alone are better than the whole Switch line-up right now. 

"Ps2" bad way to start that 

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Alkibiádēs said:
It has a better library of games already, so I'm not surprised in the slightest. Sony has never given official figures for the Vita either, so it's probably over-tracked here, as Europe's sales are suspiciously high, despite never having seen a Vita in my life, it's not even being stocked by most stores where I live!

Ha! I know you're not joking. Still, funny.

I am curious as to why his statement is funny. I know something like what game library one prefers is highly subjective (and to some there is a single game that can make an entire console worthwhile more so than a culmination of other games on another system), but I mean as a Switch and Vita owner even I agree with him on this. Don't get me wrong, the Vita had some really amazing games like pretty much every Falcom game, Disgea, the PS2 ports/remakes (Final Fantasy, God of War collection, Jak and Dexter, Sly Cooper), Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars, DQ Builders, Minecraft, and Tearaway. But for me the Switch in its first year seems to have broken more ground than Vita did in its life. Of course I would not agree with the notion that Switch as of right now in its life has more worthwhile games than say PSP, 3DS, PS2, PS4, Wii, etc., but for Vita and even Wii U I think at this point that is the case. Of course, this is all highly subjective, which pretty much makes all of this pointless :P

tbone51 said:
Dr.Vita said:

The PS2 classics (Jak & Daxter Collection, God of War Collection...) on PS Vita alone are better than the whole Switch line-up right now. 

"Ps2" bad way to start that 

10-15 year old ports arent why you buy a new system?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Alkibiádēs said:
Dr.Vita said:

Lmao. The fact that the Vita doesn't have brand new games from those franchises speaks volumes. 

COKTOE said:

Ha! I know you're not joking. Still, funny.

I mean have you ever taken a look at the Vita's library? There's a reason it failed.

No, it wasn't too powerful like some claimed, it wasn't too expensive either... it just... lacked... compelling games to play... 

Oh my no. I've never even looked at it. There's nothing left for me to do but acquiesce, and bow to the experience that you've had with the Vita's library which I assume amounts to much more than clicking on it's metacritic page. If only had some exposure to it, as well as most other platforms that have ever existed, I could then give an honest appraisal......Cough. Switch will end up with an awesome library, but to say it's has, as of now, a better library than the Vita is straight-up ignorant. Or like I said, funny.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Lmao. The fact that the Vita doesn't have brand new games from those franchises speaks volumes. 

I mean have you ever taken a look at the Vita's library? There's a reason it failed.

No, it wasn't too powerful like some claimed, it wasn't too expensive either... it just... lacked... compelling games to play... 

Oh my no. I've never even looked at it. There's nothing left for me to do but acquiesce, and bow to the experience that you've had with the Vita's library which I assume amounts to much more than clicking on it's metacritic page. If only had some exposure to it, as well as most other platforms that have ever existed, I could then give an honest appraisal......Cough. Switch will end up with an awesome library, but to say it's has, as of now, a better library than the Vita is straight-up ignorant. Or like I said, funny.

Why would it be ignorant? Vita's library lacks variety and targets only a niche group of gamers. That's great if you happen to like those games, but gamers that are looking for something different will end up disappointed. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
COKTOE said:

Why would it be ignorant? Vita's library lacks variety and targets only a niche group of gamers. That's great if you happen to like those games, but gamers that are looking for something different will end up disappointed. 

There's only so much I'm willing "type at" to try and make a case. I prefer pointing my face at something, and letting the sounds that come out of it do the work most of the time. Like I can do with voice chat on the Vita without a pointless, ancillary device. *Cough. If you believe the Switch has a better library than the Vita with less than a year on the market, so be it.

- Edit. I often find online debates exhausting, and as such, don't participate in them as frequently as I used to. Sorry for the lack of engagement. I should have just let it go given my lack of zeal. I just honestly find it to be a bunk opinion. Even the weakest platforms of the big players have been able to accrue very worthy libraries over time, and time/ library size is the biggest point of contention I have with your idea. I feel it's not even close at this point. But given the success the Switch has had, and the support it has garnered, it will probably end up as having the best handheld library of all time.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 21 January 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Alkibiádēs said:

There's only so much I'm willing "type at" to try and make a case. I prefer pointing my face at something, and letting the sounds that come out of it do the work most of the time. Like I can do with voice chat on the Vita without a pointless, ancillary device. *Cough. If you believe the Switch has a better library than the Vita with less than a year on the market, so be it.

Since you mention voice chat, what great online multiplayer games does the Vita even have?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
COKTOE said:

Since you mention voice chat, what great online multiplayer games does the Vita even have?

......I didn't edit fast enough......I have played online, and loved. Dead Nation. Killzone. Soul Sacrifice. Soul Sacrifice Delta. Freedom Wars. EDF 2017 Portable and EFD 2. I can't think of any others at the moment, but those are the big ones I've played, and quite extensively to boot. I'm not much of an online junkie, to the point that those games represent almost my entire online experience over the last 4 years. The only other notable game being EDF 4.1. I'm jumping into Monster Hunter next week. 

Dr.Vita said:
Nintendoisnumber1 said:

The Switch has a much better library than the Vita. There's still nothing much to rave about after 5 years of the p's Vita being out.

Yeah, obviously those games are better than Zelda BotW and Mario Odyssey that are one best critically acclaimed games ever, or MK8D probably best MK Mario game ever.

gentii said:

"Nintendo is dead"
"They should just go third party"  😂

Because Nintendo likes to fuck up and not be somewhat reasonable. And it perfectly showed with the Wii U.