By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is it going to take to restart the US Government after the shutdown, and what does it all mean?

I think this was a bad move by Democrats. Shutting government down hurts Americans.

Around the Network

Both sides accusing each other, but how bad is it that this is happening in the first year of Trump's presidency.

Hey I drove past that sign of the Giant Sequoias just a couple months ago!

Anyway it's hilarious that people apparently just don't get payed whenever the federal government f*'s up. Why is the US such a mess these days?

Gamer147 said:
I think this was a bad move by Democrats. Shutting government down hurts Americans.

First reply and it's already a bundle of nonsense. The governing body is the one that has to look for agreements, not the opposition.

It was a 50 to 49 vote. Not even every republican voted in favor, how can you possibly blame it on the dems?

It's nice that the ones responsible for the mess still get paid.

Around the Network
Gamer147 said:

How can is possible, ever be the fault of the opposition? It is up to the majority in the senate to find a way to compromise and reach the 60 votes. The issue here is that the GOP consist mostly of people that oppose the government, therefore they can´t govern.

And all this over illegal immigration? The Democrats are officially out of the cotton pickin minds. So glad I jumped off their sinking ship several years ago. I sensed they were getting increasingly insane back in '14.

Not that I have any love for Republicans either. If you put a gun to my head I'd probably support the Libertarians, but really all mainstream politics just suck and are rife with corruption.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

The "governing" party holds a majority in both chambers of Congress, so this should be resolved in less than a week. Two weeks tops. But it takes some real poor leadership if you cannot keep a government running for a year, despite holding a majority.

DarthMetalliCube said:
And all this over illegal immigration? The Democrats are officially out of the cotton pickin minds. So glad I jumped off their sinking ship several years ago. I sensed they were getting increasingly insane back in '14.

Not that I have any love for Republicans either. If you put a gun to my head I'd probably support the Libertarians, but really all mainstream politics just suck and are rife with corruption.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Democrats. The insane party?

Um, no. 

The Republicans have crazy as a platform. They put people in positions of power who thing air pollution is a good thing, that pipelines stimulate Cairibou Sex, and that sending letters to Iranian leaders to ignore Obama because a Republican would be elected next. 

What's so crazy about not deporting people raised for most of their lives in the United States? Trying to make healthcare a universal access for all americans? To not have it easy for every loon to get a gun? 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

stop treating democrats / the press / american citizens / immigrants / poor people as enemies of the nation and start actually using government funds to make a better country.