By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Labo, The Switch & Bait.

Will you purchase Nintendo Labo ?

Hell to the YEAH !!! 23 32.86%

I'll wait to see more about Labo. 18 25.71%

No way. 29 41.43%

Total:70

It's not intentionally anti-consumer, the breaking easily is just an oversight.

They've just found a new way to dress up the terrible crap we've seen before, and make it look appealing. It could be Wii Music 2.0

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Why would this break your console?

Maybe if you start doing wrestling moves in the robot suit, you may break one of your joy cons? Seems like the simple fix for that would simply not to do wrestling moves when you are wearing a cardboard suit with electronics stuffed into it, but hey, thats just me.

sundin13 said:
S.Peelman said:
Why would this break your console?

Maybe if you start doing wrestling moves in the robot suit, you may break one of your joy cons? Seems like the simple fix for that would simply not to do wrestling moves when you are wearing a cardboard suit with electronics stuffed into it, but hey, thats just me.

Will be tough to resist indeed.

sabastian said:

Lets get right into it. Nintendo Labo is meant for 2 thing and 2 things only. 

1) A very creative way of selling the consumer MULTIPLE add ons for their game console, that they have absolutely no need for. AKA Cash Grab.

2) Braking your console & controllers. Yes, the more the consumes breaks controllers and game consoles, the more they will have to replace those controllers and consoles. AKA SALES SALES SALES. 

You have to applaud Nintendo though. Their consumers eat this stuff up and I see sales of the Labo to be right on point with the sales of the Amiibo. (My sons 12 Amiibos are collecting dust right now). 

I've duped by Nintendo one too many times to fall for this again, are you planning on purchasing Nintendo Labo ? 

It's for kids so I'm not interested in it, and so should you. You don't have to get duped by not buying something not aimed at you lol.

It's a very creative and fun idea, in my opinion. This doesn't scream "cash grab" or anything like that. The thing is, this product isn't geared towards us. Nintendo said it themselves: it's for kids and kids-at-heart. I'd imagine families would love doing this together. If I had kids, I would buy this day one. As of now, i'm doing the wait-and-see approach. Though, my creative side wants this so bad.

Around the Network

Its not meant for me I guess, so I wont buy it.

sabastian said:

Lets get right into it. Nintendo Labo is meant for 2 thing and 2 things only. 

1) A very creative way of selling the consumer MULTIPLE add ons for their game console, that they have absolutely no need for. AKA Cash Grab.

2) Braking your console & controllers. Yes, the more the consumes breaks controllers and game consoles, the more they will have to replace those controllers and consoles. AKA SALES SALES SALES. 

You have to applaud Nintendo though. Their consumers eat this stuff up and I see sales of the Labo to be right on point with the sales of the Amiibo. (My sons 12 Amiibos are collecting dust right now). 

I've duped by Nintendo one too many times to fall for this again, are you planning on purchasing Nintendo Labo ? 

You dont even mention chargeing 80$ for some cardbord cut-outs, that are ment for children that ll step on them, throw them, spill drinks/water on them, maybe take them outsides and get dirty ect.

Labo is gonna make insane amounts, selling new cardbord to people.

Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

You dont even mention chargeing 80$ for some cardbord cut-outs, that are ment for children that ll step on them, throw them, spill drinks/water on them, maybe take them outsides and get dirty ect.

Labo is gonna make insane amounts, selling new cardbord to people.

And in your turn, you don't mention that there is software involved in it. You can pick it up separately if you want and print the cardbord cut-outs yourselves if you want to save your pennies :)

Can you though?

As an adult I am not going to buy this. But if I had a child in the future and they like this then yes I would definitely buy one.

I mean, I'm not getting it, but I think it's genius and will sell titanically.

This has to be one of the most low-risk/high reward products a tech company has ever produced.

The software was likely cheap to develop. The hardware is likely cheap to manufacture. The idea is likely compelling enough to justify the price. Genius.