By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Labo, The Switch & Bait.

Will you purchase Nintendo Labo ?

Hell to the YEAH !!! 23 32.86%

I'll wait to see more about Labo. 18 25.71%

No way. 29 41.43%

Total:70

I won't get it because there are many other games that I want to buy this year, but it's a great idea from Nintendo. Many will buy just to see how it works. But answering your questions:

1) They are selling add-ons because this game is unplayable without the cardboard add-ons. It's 100% necessary for this game. And it will be used exclusively on these Labo games. I don't see the problem here.

2) Sincerely, how would someone break the console or the Joy-Cons playing the Labo? Seems very inoffensive to me.

And about your son's 12 amiibos collecting dust, what were you expecting? Amiibos are decorative figures, and that's what decorative figures do. What's the next complaint, "my sink gets wet"?

Last edited by Lucca - on 20 January 2018

B O I

Around the Network

Some people really like the idea. I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that.

KLXVER said:
Mar1217 said:

And in your turn, you don't mention that there is software involved in it. You can pick it up separately if you want and print the cardbord cut-outs yourselves if you want to save your pennies :)

Can you though?

Yes, you can. I don’t remember if it was on The Guardian that they asked, “And if i want to purchase through the eshop?” And the answer was that there will be an eshop version where it would cost $60 and that you could get the schematics for free on the site to build and cut yourself the cardboards.

forest-spirit said:
I don't know. Trying to make more money by getting consumers to break your products doesn't sound particularly clever as the backlash would overshadow any monetary gains.

Well, smart phones and tablets are designed to slip out of your hands with the default slick casing. No backlash. 😽 I've seen a lot of tablets being marketed towards kids. I don't believe in coincidences. It's the same thing when they realized they'd make more money if they designed things to not last as long versus designing a long lasting product.

There's only a handful of markets where consumers are smart enough to force a company to change a policy or product.

Around the Network

It is for kids and for a kids product,it is really appealing.

But imagine how much would it costs if it was made of plastic instead of cardboards.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I think it's better value for money than XBL/PS+.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

So cardboard is more valuable to gamers than free games? 😹

Aeolus451 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Free games? You still need to pay for the subscription, right?

Aeolus451 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

A game that people actually choose to buy along with some arts n craft/cardboard shell accessories are better value than unwanted games and P2P connections.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!