By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite Music from Donkey Kong Country 2?

Tagged games:

It's the best DKC soundtrack, so basically the best of one of the best video game series OSTs.

I will go with one of my favorites:
Forest Interlude
Props to the synthesizing of bird chirp sounds.

Great little tune.

But to be honest there are so many great ones, in my order of preference.
I went through all the tracks.

Stickerbrush Symphony
LockJaw's Saga
Kannon's Klaim
In a snow-bound land
Mining Melancholy
Hot Head Bop
Bayou Boogie
Primal Rave (extra props for drum work and bird sounds)
Boss Bossanova
K.Rool Returns
Donkey Kong Rescued
Klomp's Romp
Jib Jig
Cranky's Conga
Game Over

Fixed, missed writing 2 down for some reason.

Last edited by padib - on 22 January 2018

Around the Network

omg.

It has been 20 years since I have played this game. Listening to the music alone makes me specifically recall locations.

I always felt DKC2 was the height of the series.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

I still feel this way. All 5 DKC games are excellent, but DKC2 is the gold standard.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Kannon's Klaim

I'm in the minority here, but I think DKC is better than DKC2. I also think DKCTF is the best in the series by far, including soundtrack.

1doesnotsimply

It's really tough but I have to go with Stickerbrush.

Bah!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
bigjon said:

I still feel this way. All 5 DKC games are excellent, but DKC2 is the gold standard.

I agree. I feel that Donkey Kong Country 3, whilst I big step up in some areas, lost some charm that Donkey Kong Country 2 pushed.

Also replaying Donkey Kong Country 2 on my SNES classic... I don't remember it being this hard before. Haha
I am thinking I might need to dust off the CRT and SNES and see if it's because of input lag.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

DKC2 is on top of my favorite game soundtracks of all time.

It´s hard to pick up a single one... I´d choose Mining Melancholy. It´s an intriguing track, with all those sounds of metal objects being hit, the bass line.... if we describe that track on paper it would seems crazy, but the result is brilliant

Stickerbrush Symphony, but every track in the game is great.

I am currently sigless.

curl-6 said:

So, will this thread series be continuing with the other DKC games?

yes

Click HERE and be happy 

Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

I agree. I feel that Donkey Kong Country 3, whilst I big step up in some areas, lost some charm that Donkey Kong Country 2 pushed.

Also replaying Donkey Kong Country 2 on my SNES classic... I don't remember it being this hard before. Haha
I am thinking I might need to dust off the CRT and SNES and see if it's because of input lag.

I'd be curious :) when I beat it on the WiiU a few years ago I was also surprised by the level of difficulty for what was mostly easy for me as a kid (though i never owned it so I never finished it then).

But after a few weeks it kicked back in.