By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite Music from Donkey Kong Country 2?

Tagged games:

Hard to choose one definite favourite. I'm gonna go with Disco Train however since the obvious picks have already been mentioned.

This track always used to evoke a special feeling in me as a kid - Sorta like a sensation of freedom, staying up late, going to town at night, visiting a club where the beat drops hard lol.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network
palou said:
curl-6 said:

Mining Melancholy. Stickerbush Symphony is a nice track but a tad overrated IMHO.

Structurally, it's certainly extremely interesting, so in that aspect, it does deserve to be remembered, I think.

It is an interesting and good track, I just like tracks like Flight of the Zinger, Forest Interlude, and Lost World Anthem better.

Didn’t remember how good donkey sound track was until I replayed on snes mini. Really good.

Forest Interlude is very very soothing. Brings back memories of traveling abroad...

The whole thing is so damn good, but I guess Mining Melancholy or Stickerbush Symphony.

Around the Network

So, will this thread series be continuing with the other DKC games?

Stickerbush Symphony and Lockjaw's Saga would be my favourites

Mining Melancholy/Hot Head Bop.

God I love this game and its soundtrack.

omg.

It has been 20 years since I have played this game. Listening to the music alone makes me specifically recall locations.

I always felt DKC2 was the height of the series.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

I always felt DKC2 was the height of the series.

I still feel this way. All 5 DKC games are excellent, but DKC2 is the gold standard.