By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The switch might have already outsold the WiiU in just 10 months.

bigtakilla said:
A Nintendo handheld outsold (or will) their home console. Tomorrow's news, water is wet.

Outsold their previous home console's entire lifetime sales in 10 months.

You didn't read the title or the thread, did you?

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 26 January 2018

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Wouldn't Nintendo confirm this themselves, if true? I know they don't like to remind people that the WiiU was a thjing, but selling 15m units in less than a year is an amazing milestone.

They have an annual investor relations meeting at the end of Jan.  If Switch did surpass Wii U already, that event is when they would announce it. 

True. It's a bombshell that will make investers happy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

SpokenTruth said:
bigtakilla said:
A Nintendo handheld outsold (or will) their home console. Tomorrow's news, water is wet.

Outsold their previous home console's entire lifetime sales in 10 months.

You didn't read the title or the thread, did you?

What about the thread and title?

Outselling wii u is quite easy tho

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Darwinianevolution said:
Wouldn't Nintendo confirm this themselves, if true? I know they don't like to remind people that the WiiU was a thjing, but selling 15m units in less than a year is an amazing milestone.

The bosses have to convince the shareholders that they're worth to continue with their strategy. To do that they need to wow them. End of January is a meeting with shareholders discussing Q4 2017 (or Q3 of the financial year 17/18). It's easily understandable they keep such stuff for the meeting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

A milestone is a milestone is a milestone. Similar complaints came as PS4 cleared early milestones. I also then objected to the complaints and said it still cleared the milestone. Whatever detractors say. And there is no way denying that achieving a number the WiiU needed 5 years for is a feat.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Switch didn't outsell Wii U's lifetime by December. I should have taken bets on this. Oh well. :D

Do you honestly not understand the difference between shipments and sell-through?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Just moved out of state and internet is not hooked up yet. Anyway...

Both numbers for December are under Wii U's lifetime sales. So either way you are wrong. We always talk about sell through anyway. Nobody means sell in when talking about sales here, unless they are trying to defend something that they were wrong about. 

Poor WiiU. 15 years from now we'll have a segment from a new Tomodachi game in a Nintendo Direct with Mii's dancing around a WiiU instead of a Virtual Boy.

Mnementh said:
bigtakilla said:

A milestone is a milestone is a milestone. Similar complaints came as PS4 cleared early milestones. I also then objected to the complaints and said it still cleared the milestone. Whatever detractors say. And there is no way denying that achieving a number the WiiU needed 5 years for is a feat.

3ds done the same thing and keep in mind it sold SLOW early on and took a few months to take off. It's typical of a Nintendo handheld, not a milestone.

bigtakilla said:
Mnementh said:

3ds done the same thing and keep in mind it sold SLOW early on and took a few months to take off. It's typical of a Nintendo handheld, not a milestone.

3DS needed a huge price cut in order to sell... but sure... keep ignoring it. 

Switch won't fizzle out as quickly as the 3DS either (which constantly under-performed to Nintendo's expectations). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides