By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The switch might have already outsold the WiiU in just 10 months.

bigtakilla said:
Mnementh said:

A milestone is a milestone is a milestone. Similar complaints came as PS4 cleared early milestones. I also then objected to the complaints and said it still cleared the milestone. Whatever detractors say. And there is no way denying that achieving a number the WiiU needed 5 years for is a feat.

3ds done the same thing and keep in mind it sold SLOW early on and took a few months to take off. It's typical of a Nintendo handheld, not a milestone.

3DS needed a huge price cut in order to sell... but sure... keep ignoring it. 

Switch won't fizzle out as quickly as the 3DS either (which constantly under-performed to Nintendo's expectations). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
bigtakilla said:

3ds done the same thing and keep in mind it sold SLOW early on and took a few months to take off. It's typical of a Nintendo handheld, not a milestone.

Switch won't fizzle out as quickly as the 3DS either (which constantly under-performed to Nintendo's expectations). 

What about it? After the price cut it flew off shelves.

bigtakilla said:
Alkibiádēs said:

For about a year and a half then it had a significant drop in sales for the rest of its life. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
bigtakilla said:

For about a year and a half then it had a significant drop in sales for the rest of its life. 

Not really what we are discussing in the topic, nor can we really compare that. 

Fox News doesn't own anything. It is one of the 'kids' of a parent company.  Like the WSJ and NBC and Taco Bell and Jeep and Kraft Foods and Pixar and on and on and on...

Around the Network

Woo! Awesome!

Although unsurprising.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

This will probably be official tomorrow (on 31. January in Japan).

RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Forbes is trash. They have no clue what they're talking about. Moving on.

The excerpt posted in this thread is competent. While Forbes contributors do have a questionable track record, there's no problem with the relevant information.

This.

If true then that 15mil report wasn't too far off...... it probably just rounded up

Pocky Lover Boy! 

bigtakilla said:
Mnementh said:

A milestone is a milestone is a milestone. Similar complaints came as PS4 cleared early milestones. I also then objected to the complaints and said it still cleared the milestone. Whatever detractors say. And there is no way denying that achieving a number the WiiU needed 5 years for is a feat.

It's a milestone, however you deny it. If it is a big or difficult milestone - that's another question.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]