By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Labo-ratory: VGC OFFICIAL Labo Thread (Vehicle Kit out now)

specialk said:
habam said:
Nintendo wants you to pay 70/80 bucks for this when Sony was selling PSVR bundles for 199 during holidays ? LOL

Apples and oranges.

People said nobody would buy the Switch if it launched at a price greater than the PS4 slim so...

both are accesories though.

I bought a switch on launch so I definitly wasnt saying that. Im actually not surprised about the switchs success so far, I think even the wii u had sold good with 97/100 Zelda on launch, Mario Kart 1 months later and 97/100 3D Mario in the holidays (+ some other stuff and good marketing).

Check which games the PS4 had in its first year and what it still was able to sell^^

I think it will be interesting to see how the switch will do lifetime, I still dont expect numbers much greater then 3DS (so basically a flop, scince merging their handheld and home consoles is a estimated possible usberbase of ~250 mio (DS and Wii Sales).

Sales will be much bigger of the release handheld only and tv only switches though for sure, im talking just about the current switch hardware.

Around the Network
Peh said:
I guess those are scalpers baits, arf. You know, they buy this stuff out ( because it's Nintendo) and will sit on it in the end, because actual people won't buy that, arf.

This has a slight chance of becoming collectable in 20-30 years or so imo because of it's consumable nature. A sealed in box set of these could go up in price once they are no longer produced. But, I mean, you've got to have a lot of already disposable income to speculate on something tht will happen decades down the line...

I think this devices the VGC user base in people with younger kids around and people without.

toy cons.....chuckle

habam said:
specialk said:

Apples and oranges.

People said nobody would buy the Switch if it launched at a price greater than the PS4 slim so...

I bought a switch on launch so I definitly wasnt saying that. Im actually not surprised about the switchs success so far, I think even the wii u had sold good with 97/100 Zelda on launch, Mario Kart 1 months later and 97/100 3D Mario in the holidays (+ some other stuff and good marketing).

Check which games the PS4 had in its first year and what it still was able to sell^^

I think it will be interesting to see how the switch will do lifetime, I still dont expect numbers much greater then 3DS (so basically a flop, scince merging their handheld and home consoles is a estimated possible usberbase of ~250 mio (DS and Wii Sales).

I read that a lot, and I still can't believe how people can forget that a lot of those people had both consoles (Wii and DS), so it's impossible to know how much the Switch could sell to do "better".

Around the Network
habam said:

This is a stupid thing to say.

This is basically the Switch's killer launch app.

There was a lot of stuff that seemed weird about the Switch from day 1. There were some features that seemed thrown in just for the hell of it.

HD rumble was OK, but didn't really seem worth making a big deal over. The IR camera on the right Joycon was useless for anything but one minigame in 1-2-Switch and its function didn't seem apparent.

The Switch also didn't seem to have a killer App. 1-2-Switch seemed like a throwaway, and Breath of the Wild was obviously not developed with Switch in mind. The modular nature of the Switch seemed neat, but underutilized. The prediction of Wii like sales implied they'd be trying to somehow engage the Wii audience, but nothing in their software lineup seemed equipped for the job.

Nintendo Labo kind of brings it all together. The modular nature is key to the software. HD rumble enables the joycon to be used as a motor to move the little cardboard robots. The IR camera seems useless if you're holding it in your hands, but it makes sense if the Joycon will be in a separate enclosure. It's something that will generate buzz (positive or otherwise) and definitely reaches beyond the hardcore gaming market.

This was the idea for a killer app from day one. The launch last year was essentially a soft launch. If the Switch was announced with this from the start, it would have been immediately written off as a kids toy. Having a year that was focused almost entirely on traditional titles allowed them to build up some credibility. The Switch got a reputation as a success and was on solid ground before they debuted their wacky new concept.

Gotta let my kid(or the kid in me) decide then . . . looks interesting though.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

habam said:
specialk said:

Apples and oranges.

Sales will be much bigger of the release handheld only and tv only switches though for sure, im talking just about the current switch hardware.

Lmao I saw this exact same comment on 4chan.

This type of nonsense should stay there.

Pagan said:

Can we have the 2017 Nintendo back please thx.

We have them. This is the 12S of 2018 but with a twist