By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Labo-ratory: VGC OFFICIAL Labo Thread (Vehicle Kit out now)

JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:

Really? Killer app? I feel like I'm going crazy again. I'm mean...really? Killer app? Why are people so excited? Its cardboard. 

Is this still earth?

I work with kids all day.  They're going to go ape shit for this.

They are? Kids who spend all day on their Ipads in 2018 will love this?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
JWeinCom said:

I work with kids all day.  They're going to go ape shit for this.

They are? Kids who spend all day on their Ipads in 2018 will love this?

Kids like building stuff...kids love role playing, or playing in general. They will love this.

This is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen, even considering this is meant a a kids thing. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding this thing, maybe it's really for cats, cats love boxes, then yeah, pure brilliance... 

I wonder for how many uses that cardboard lasts. Doesn't seem durable.

Nintendo not doing well with the price points...... they should have sold them individually for like $10 - 15. That was the problem with Mario RUN and 1 2 Switch.

If they only sold each level/world separately on Mario RUN, and each game on 1 2 Switch, I think it would have been more interesting.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
Oh wow, that's a really creative and cool concept. I was not expecting that at all, though to be fair nobody really had any idea what to expect.

What i'm more curious about is how Kimishima thinks this will help Switch sell the 20 million units they want to sell in 2018, I guess it depends on how well they have executed the idea when it releases.

If they announce Animal Crossing and Pokemon this year, then it won't be too hard to reach

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Nintendo not doing well with the price points...... they should have sold them individually for like $10 - 15. That was the problem with Mario RUN and 1 2 Switch.

If they only sold each level/world separately on Mario RUN, and each game on 1 2 Switch, I think it would have been more interesting.

The majority of the price is for (the cartridge ?! with) the game, not the cardboards.

While the price point may not appeal to a lot of families, STEM clubs and after school programs will eat this shit up...
And Nintendo is very aware of this...
Speaking from experience, this is the kind of thing an after school program gets with a $500 grant...

Have a nice day...

Love it.
At first I was like WTF, but then seeing how the software interacts with the cardboards, it took me back to the robotics class while I was a kid. I got to say this is pretty cool, I really want to try myself.

And this thread.... The reactions are expected. The dramatization is pretty pathetic.

We reap what we sow

Pagan said:
newwil7l said:
I am beginning to think 2017 Nintendo was the anomaly. I don't think this will be a hit.

Yes. Exactly this. They now will go on in old nintendo Manier. God i hate that. Please be NORMAL Nintendo. Normal!!! Take that time you invested in that stupid cardboxes and make a great Normal game for normal people and normal ways to play.

What are you saying? You sound like Nintendo stopped making games, and just started making cardboards. There will be a big direct in February . And there will be your answer. 

Pocky Lover Boy!