By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Head of Xbox Matt Booty.

And where does Aaron Greenberg sit in all of this? Excuse my ignorance...

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network
3sexty said:

On the sidelines being a complete fanboy

He's the head of marketing 

iceland said:
3sexty said:

On the sidelines being a complete fanboy

He's the head of marketing 

That explains it. All Marketing Departments talk up their brand.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

jason1637 said:
Errorist76 said:
Btw where is it saying he’s head of XBox?! He’s no2 in game efforts, right?!

Phil Spencer was head of Xbox but was promoted to MS board of executives as head of the gaming division and this guy has Phil's old job as Head of Xbox.

Matt Booty has been promoted by Microsoft to corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. He is now one of the top video game executives at Microsoft and will now report to head of Xbox Phil Spencer.“

Title is click bait.

Errorist76 said:
jason1637 said:

Phil Spencer was head of Xbox but was promoted to MS board of executives as head of the gaming division and this guy has Phil's old job as Head of Xbox.

Matt Booty has been promoted by Microsoft to corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. He is now one of the top video game executives at Microsoft and will now report to head of Xbox Phil Spencer.“

Title is click bait.

Phil Spencer is head of gaming for Microsoft, not just Xbox in particular. Phil Spencer had a guy he reported to back when he was head of Xbox, and now Matt Booty is the guy that answers to Phil since he moved up.

Around the Network

Good news, if they can turn up the 1st party development by, say 200%, Xboxs future will look very bright :).

On the bright side, it cant get much worse.

Hunting Season is done...

Errorist76 said:
jason1637 said:

Title is click bait.

When Phil was head of Xbox he reported to the guy that ran windows so that guy oversaw the gaming division. Its the same thing.

spemanig said:
What cruel parents.

Because they called him Matt?

jason1637 said:
Nautilus said:
Is the guy competent?Thats really all that matters

He ran Mojang and 7 other studios.

Also this is his view on game development.

"He added, “On the creative side, I’ve always had a golden rule to stay out of the way of game teams as far as where they go with design and the craft of making their games. But at the same time, I think there’s a lot to be gained by supporting them and providing a layer of administrative help, really just a layer of operational help, so they can focus on making the game. My mantra has always been that I think I’m doing a good job inside a studio if the game teams show up to work and the only thing they need to worry about is making the game.”

Nice.He seems competent enough.Now we just need to see if he gets the job done.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1