By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Does the upcoming Black Widow movie have any chance of earning more than Wonder Woman did in theaters?

I will see it?

No 3 18.75%

Maybe on VHS or something 4 25.00%

Yes 6 37.50%

Maybe 3 18.75%

other post below 0 0%

see results 0 0%

Total:16

I have never seen any of these dire looking films. What ever happened to making good movies like one flew over the cuckoos nest, Casablanca, the whicker  man etc etc. Churning out shit after shit says just as much as the general state of people who go to watch this crap as much as it says about the Hollywood film studios. No wonder I don’t watch many films anymore.

Around the Network

Whoever wrote that article makes the assumption that Marvel only finally greenlit a Black Widow movie after seeing the success of Wonder Woman.

How on earth does one come to that conclusion when there's nothing that points to that in any way? Marvel Studios hasn't shown any worries when making a movie about any of their characters, why would they start now with Black Widow? Just because she's female? Plenty of female lead movies do successful, and even if they didn't I doubt that would make Marvel not want to do it. It's like the person who wrote this article doesn't even pay attention to the MCU at all.

Edit: Edited this comment to add a few clarifications. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 16 August 2021

If they do a Black Widow movie, my first thought was it would be a origin or pre-Iron Man 2 story.

There must be a lot of back story there that hasn't been told yet, and I couldn't think of where a current story would go if it was meant to be squeezed into events that happened between one of the movies she has already been on. To do this my second thought was Scarjo wouldn't be playing BW and a younger actress would be cast to play her. Would be hard to have Scarjo playing a younger BW since her first appearance was almost 10 years ago.

I hope I am wrong though, as I don't see the draw of Black Widow solo movie without Scarlet Johansson playing the role

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

They should have done this 3 movies ago. She was popular, cool but that's dieing down while they for some reason give Carol Danvers someone elses name and try to make her popular.

Eitherway, as long as it's set in Russia and Yelena is in it. I'm all good.

Hmm, pie.

I'm gonna say no and maybe it depends on critical reception.

Part of the reason I saw Wonder Woman was the amount of praise it received.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

They're too late. There's a black widow movie called Red Sparrow coming out this year already.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUL6wMpMWw

Last edited by Angelus - on 17 January 2018

Yeah there a exceptions. Shame they are few and far between 😜

It has a chance, considering Marvel movies generally are on an upwards trajectory, however to make a comparison, Spider-Man: Homecoming just barely outgrossed Wonder Woman worldwide (880m vs 820m). Spider-Man has the minor disadvantage of being a much more saturated series, with this being the 6th Spider-Man movie in 15 years, but Spider-Man is a bigger IP than Black Widow. I think Black Widow will end up in the 650 million range, with potential of 700+ if it gets high praise from audiences and critics.

I'm not sure about that, I don't even think the next Wonder Woman movie can earn more than the first one

I believe there's a good chance. And if there's any other superhero cameos then that could definitely boost things up (ie. Iron Man in Spider-Man Homecoming). I'd definitely watch it for sure.