By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Reviewers Wanted [Update - Vacancies Filled]

Veknoid_Outcast said: 

If you're interested in applying to become a writer, please send an email to me at enorris@vgchartz.com and cc Craig Snow at csnow@vgchartz.com. Use the subject line "VGChartz Writer Application" and include 1-2 review samples. The deadline to apply is January 31st.

What is the criteria for a sample? How long should it be, should it be two entire reviews for two games or just paragraphs, etc. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Veknoid_Outcast said: 

If you're interested in applying to become a writer, please send an email to me at enorris@vgchartz.com and cc Craig Snow at csnow@vgchartz.com. Use the subject line "VGChartz Writer Application" and include 1-2 review samples. The deadline to apply is January 31st.

What is the criteria for a sample? How long should it be, should it be two entire reviews for two games or just paragraphs, etc. 

For you, I'll need a 3,000 word treatise with at least five primary sources and a full bibliography. You have 3 hours.

Just kidding  

I'd say 1-2 full reviews. They can be short, but try to stick with the typical formula: an intro, a body with the meat of your argument, and a conclusion. We really want to see your style and your command of the language. The more content to evaluate, the better :)

Bumping this thread, since part II of our Top 100 Games went live: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270464/vgchartz-staff-picks-the-top-100-games-part-ii/

Thanks to all for the applications so far! The window for submissions closes in 12 days, so there's still plenty of time to apply.

That moment when you write an essay about a Mario game for a video game website

I didn't actually read the OP before I posted last time. You guys are bringing back scores?!?! Now I feel dirty that my Call of Duty WWII review is the only review of mine without a score. Let's fix that: Presentation: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.5 Value: 7.5 Score:7.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:

For anybody that was (or is) interested in becoming a writer, but missed the cut-off I highly suggest you take advantage of the ability to write User Reviews. While User Reviews may not give you the formal resume entry you get by becoming a staff writer with published articles, this feature will still allow you to have your work published on the website.

With the recent addition of Latest & Top Rated User Reviews on the front page, the expectation is that your reviews will begin to receive the exposure they deserve. It has also been suggested to Machina that the User Reviews be used to sample potential writers, as well - so, start writing up some great reviews!!! You never know if that one review post, is the one that gets you noticed (whether here at VGChartz or perhaps somewhere else)...

A few day ago I attempted to post a comment on one of the reviews and could not. Seems to be working now, but the comment seemingly cannot be deleted. I know you're pretty busy here, but just a heads up.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Huh, I missed this exact topic as I did not have time that week, Would love to do it.

Quit, people, quit!