By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Less than a month to go - Shadow of the Colossus sales prediction!

What will SotC sell first week?

Less than 100,000 0 0%

100-200,000 1 3.03%

200-300,000 6 18.18%

300-400,000 10 30.30%

400-500,000 4 12.12%

OVER 500,000 11 33.33%

It won't even get to 100,000 LT 1 3.03%

Total:33

320k first week
1M+ lifetime

Around the Network

I'd say 350k with 1M+ LT, people know the game was a cult classic, it'll sell more as the price goes down

NawaiNey said:
StreaK said:

Yeah, but SotC was released twice before. The Last Guardian wasn't a re-release or remake.

I think another example we can look at is Ratchet and Clank, that also had a remaster on PS3, and was remade for PS4.

And the remake was reported to be the biggest opener in the franchise. I think SOTC has a lot more of dormant audience that has heard a lot about the game but has never played it, and the new shiny graphics might be what pushes them to finally give it a go.

Amen to that!!! Here's to hoping it reaches a 1,000,000 opening! If this were to happen, I'd be absolutely thrilled beyond belief! Like you said, this is pretty much THE perfect opportunity for anyone that hasn't played this masterpiece to finally take the plunge. No excuses!! ;p

500-600k first week, 1.1-1.2m first month, 2.5-3m life time.

500k first week seens about right. 2m+ lifetime.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Sadly quality and sales do not often go hand in hand as, say GTA5 huge sales demonstrated.
First week I'd say 300k to 400k worldwide then a slow down and final figures anywhere between 2M to 3M.
If it sells 2M lifetime it's honestly good for this game, 3M would be super great and I hope it does that much. I'll get my copy for sure.

EDIT: Now if the question was how much this game deserves to sell based on quality, I'd say 10M first week and lifetime sales of 80M units. But there are no pimps and cops to shoot and girls to rape and drugs to sell so yeah, this game can't be expected to be on the radar of the masses.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 14 January 2018

First week?Depends how the game will be received and reviewed, but Ill say that it will do around 400k FW and I doubt it will sell more than 1.5 Million LT.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Machina said:
Your first paragraph almost perfectly describes me as well. More excited for this release than any other game so far this generation - it's the game that got me to buy a PS4 Pro in preparation last year. And like you it's the third time I'll have bought it. My only concern is whether the special edition will actually release in Europe (it's listed on Amazon but only as a 'we'll email you when this item is available' listing; I really hope it does.

Regarding sales I've been pleasantly surprised by the pre-order data we've been getting (not just US, but in Europe as well), but it's notoriously unreliable data, especially when it comes to games of Japanese origin, which our data seems to consistently over-estimate. The good news is that there's a constant flow of new orders - not just one big surge - which bodes well.

I hope it does well. A fairly sparse Feb will help, and it's being given a bigger push at retailers than I would've expected for a release of this type.

Hey Machina! I love reading when others also appreciate this game as much as I do. I have noticed that those who do consider it pretty much the gaming experience of their life. It changed them in ways because of how deep it is. There's just something so ethereal and majestic about it I can't even put into proper words (or maybe I kinda just did? lol). It's pure escapism and the perfect game for ME. Not too long, not too complex, just right - I can jump in and just play whenever I feel like it, really, and always get enjoyment out of it. I must have just popped in the game just to beat the first colossus hundreds of times. With the updated look and on a console like the PS4, well...geez I'm stoked!

Also, I just HATE double-posting but after I read what you wrote I felt I had to help out a fellow fan just like a fellow fan helped ME out over at gamefaqs. The special edition is NOWHERE to be found outside of the US. Canada isn't even getting it (where I'm from) and I looked and checked literally EVERYWHERE. So here man, if you're like me and I truly believe you are, then you won't mind paying $90CAN ($70US) for the sure to be beautiful special edition right HERE:

https://www.play-asia.com/shadow-of-the-colossus-special-edition/13/70bs25

:D I figure I gotta return the favour now. I placed a pre-order on this quicker than you can say Colossus lol. The only thing is, the price is acceptable but the DAMN shipping - $23 express. And I NEED this ASAP so it was an obvious decision.

Also, really awesome to hear from you about the pre-order sales. This may sound crazy, but I looked through a bunch of regions on Amazon like US, Canada and France just to see how it's doing. Canada so far still has the HIGHEST spot (surprisingly) being in the top 30 actually. It's not in the top 100 in the US but doing better throughout parts of Europe. I think in Germany it's at #82 or something. I'm still optimistic this will SELL big at retail. I seriously hope it tops 500,000. If a game like this tops that amount it will confirm that this game left a mark in the souls of gamers that seek something "deeper" in their games.

Furthermore, happy it's getting a good push at retailers. That is incredibly reassuring. What sony needs to do is create an amazing commercial for this game like they once did for FFVII....

I could see them making an epic trailer like...."One warrior's courageous journey unto a forbidden land to revive an everlasting love. Can he do it? " Then images of colossi flash quickly as he battles them on with epic music. I'm even getting goosebumps just at the thought. "Be brave and conquer the 17 majestic beasts that roam the forgotten land."

edit: lol it took me so long to write all this that it didn't end up being a double-post haha

Last edited by StreaK - on 14 January 2018

Probably around 792k