By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Less than a month to go - Shadow of the Colossus sales prediction!

What will SotC sell first week?

Less than 100,000 0 0%

100-200,000 1 3.03%

200-300,000 6 18.18%

300-400,000 10 30.30%

400-500,000 4 12.12%

OVER 500,000 11 33.33%

It won't even get to 100,000 LT 1 3.03%

Total:33

I already have the steel book SPECIAL EDITION on pre-order. This will be the THIRD time I am putting down money for this game. This is just how much the art of this game means to me. And well, I never get excited about special editions and I NEVER pre-order anything (I'm not even a collector of anything). But wow, to have a proper display case of possibly my favourite video game of all time is just something I simply cannot miss out on. I cannot believe I'm more excited for this than many new games...it sounds crazy to me! But yeah, less than a month to go and it's here in PS4 style - just how I would have envisioned it back in 04 when I first played it.

Anyway, this game is sort of a cult classic. Sold well enough and means the world to the people who have played it and understood its power. But, it's no Final Fantasy or Zelda or something like that.

I'm certain it must have topped 2 million copies between the original PS2 version and PS3 remaster version. Each selling around a million, I'm assuming.

So, how well will the PS4 version do? I'm thinking it can sell a further million to make it to 3 million total. I'd love to see it sell 500,000 in its first week but that is way too optimistic. So I'm thinking anywhere between 100-300,000 copies. I truly hope with the next gen graphics it will bring in NEW fans to the game.

Around the Network

The Last Guardian sold over 500k first week, so I can see this doing the same.

250-350k is my guess, despite being so well known it was a niche title in its day and its had a few re-release since.

I think it will do around 350k considering it's a remake of a cult classic. I'll be getting it. 😎

NawaiNey said:

Yeah, but SotC was released twice before. The Last Guardian wasn't a re-release or remake.

Around the Network
StreaK said:
NawaiNey said:

Yeah, but SotC was released twice before. The Last Guardian wasn't a re-release or remake.

I think another example we can look at is Ratchet and Clank, that also had a remaster on PS3, and was remade for PS4.

And the remake was reported to be the biggest opener in the franchise. I think SOTC has a lot more of dormant audience that has heard a lot about the game but has never played it, and the new shiny graphics might be what pushes them to finally give it a go.

500k first week should be possible, but let's how much sony will promote it

1 million first week, at least 3 million lifetime (if there is justice in this world).

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

300k first week.

im thinking 300-400k ish range.... but what do I know about these things.... hard to tell.

I could see it haveing decent legs though, once word of mouth about how good it actually is, starts floating around.