By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 100 best selling UK retail games for 2017 revealed, plus publisher market share

SWORDF1SH said:
tak13 said:

47 and 51!

47 is just Pokemon US, combined with UM must be way higher in the rankings, even top ten I could say.

I doubt it would make top 10. Anyway it's 2 different games so why combine. 

I didn't noticed that the list has the multiplatform games sales combined, so you're right, as for the other thing it has been replied!

Around the Network
tak13 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I doubt it would make top 10. Anyway it's 2 different games so why combine. 

I didn't noticed that the list has the multiplatform games sales combined, so you're right, as for the other thing it has been replied!

What's the difference between Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Just curious because I always assumed that they were different games. 

SWORDF1SH said:
tak13 said:

What's the difference between Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Just curious because I always assumed that they were different games. 

Pokemon always makes 2 versions of each generation. They mostly just change a few mon, a few dialogue boxes. It's essentially the same game, however. Certainly not worth buying twice for.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Pokemon always makes 2 versions of each generation. They mostly just change a few mon, a few dialogue boxes. It's essentially the same game, however. Certainly not worth buying twice for.

Thank you. I always thought they were 2 completely different games.

Strange thing to do. Is it to capitalise on the hardcore market, the Pokémon fans that will buy both? 

Crash did great.

3 Sony exclusives in top 10 is great as well.

2017 was excellent.

Around the Network

This was an amazing year for Sony, Crash Bandicoot was the biggest surprise hit of the year!

Dr.Vita said:
This was an amazing year for Activision, Crash Bandicoot was the biggest surprise hit of the year!

Fixed that for you. 

And LOL @ biggest surprise hit of the year... PUBG was. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

SWORDF1SH said:
palou said:

Strange thing to do. Is it to capitalise on the hardcore market, the Pokémon fans that will buy both? 

I think it's a bit of illusion of choice, and encouraging use of the trade system (since you can't have all mons naturally, in either version.)

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

SWORDF1SH said:
palou said:

Some hardcore fans buy both to get the version exclusive Pokémon. It's also to encourage people to trade with others.

Every game in the top 10 is on ps4 including 3 exclusives. Ps4 truly dominated the UK in 2017. Great year.