By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 23 December 2017

Kerotan said:
xMetroid said:

Again, Switch being this close during launch year is just insane when you consider the PS4 will probably never sell much more than this.

If we compare to the two first Christmas periods of the PS4, it was below 800k during the same week and had weeks below 600k during December. 

How do we know switch will sell aswell in year 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 as ps4? It could sell better for year 2, 3 and then not be as good the rest. 

I never specified that. It will probably not have legs as strong but Switch will definetly peak higher once they start getting Pokémon and animal crossing out. Switch will finish around 15 millions first year. It would be incredibly surprising if it can't push 6 millions more with significant stock, real deals and bundles and massive system seller. They won't ship 25-30 millions switchs next FY for nothing, and it will maybe not be the peak of the console. If it follows a handheld trend of sales, it will have good legs with price cut and etc.

I also don't see Nintendo dropping the system like the Wii (which was hated abd families played less, there was no point supporting it hardcore.) Assuming people don't get over it, Nintendo having only 1 system, if it sells great, they will make it last the longer time possible cause they won't have a backup if the next system, most likely hybrid, fails.

Around the Network

I still can't see the appeal in switch what's making ppl buy?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

New concept, best lineup last year, 2 game of the year contenders including the Goty winner...

Skeeuk said:

What's NOT to like is the more important question

Skeeuk said:

These are two fairly big reasons I would reason.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Skeeuk said:

These are two fairly big reasons I would reason.

Well thouse two plus splatoon 2 and MK8D.

As for japanese sales, gamers there have been STARVED for a home console that appeals for them. The last one was ps2 and arguably the wii and (somewhat) the ps3. Combine that with japan's insane portable sales (3ds/gba having sales akin to a quarter of the population, the ds a THIRD), and you have a winner.

Skeeuk said:

It's mainly functions as a handheld and that's a strong selling point to some people.

Did Siny run out of consoles is the US,  it does not seen logical that after having won US consistently for seveeal weeks, they would drop so much suddenly.

newwil7l said:
Pillertriller said:

Still won ww

Considering this is PS4's peak year....

For now.

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Pillertriller said:

Its part of europe were the PS4 totally destroys the switch

But... globally in Europe in France.

xMetroid said:
Skeeuk said:

New concept, best lineup last year, 2 game of the year contenders including the Goty winner...

So absolut nothing for non nintendo fans?