By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch > XB1 > PS4 During December In US - Greenberg (Confirmed, read OP)

This

Sorry don't know how to embed twitter

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 12 January 2018

Around the Network
nero said:
https://twitter.com/Noshten/status/951581000445956096.

This

Sorry don't know how to embed twitter

You left a period in your link.

Also... lol

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
adisababa said:
What does that mean????? I don't get it but I highly doubt that Aaron Greenberg is lying because that will just make him and the whole Xbox brand look bad, so it has to be true, but what does that mean??

Greenberg is known for spinning things up. I'm pretty sure NPD results are out in a couple hours, so I'll be scouraging resetera to see what I can find.

I think the number of Xbox One X consoles sold drastically increased revenue since it was 500$ after all, so there is a good chance that revenue wise it did have a higher share due to high price but regarding the number of units there is no way that it sold more than PS4. 

Nevertheless, it most likely is true and is good news for the Xbox One X. 

RolStoppable said:
If they had won, he would say so straightforward.

Probably. But I have no idea what the fuck Greenberg cooked up for this spin.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Probably not including the switch. Xboxs highest
December console market share was last December with 48%.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Probably not including the switch. Xboxs highest
December console market share was last December with 48%.

If we're talking 51-49, then I'm pretty sure we're within margin of error for NPD sales results. Lets see what we can get from Sony (and yes, the release is next Thursday btw).

Why... just... why would you make a tweet like that if you have nothing to say.

One thing is sure, they lost, in any others case, he would have tweeted they won.

It could mean December share of the year as in the percentage of yearly sales coming from December is the highest in 2017 compared to 2016, 2015, and 2014. Who knows?

Aura7541 said:
It could mean December share of the year as in the percentage of yearly sales coming from December is the highest in 2017 compared to 2016, 2015, and 2014. Who knows?

It can be literally anything lol, just ignore him.

Saw a pretty good theory (IMO) over at ResetEra: what if he's talking about the percentage of XB1 consoles sold in December compared to the entire year, and this December is the highest yet?

To give an example (sorry if my numbers are inaccurate):
2014: 4371k XB1 units sold in the year of which 1297k in December, so 29.67%
2015: 4936k XB1 units sold in the year of which 1376k in December, so 27.88%
2016: 4734k XB1 units sold in the year of which 1511k in December, so 31.92%
2017: >31.92% of all XB1 units sold in December

It might sound ridiculous, but doesn't sound impossible to me.

Last edited by poklane - on 11 January 2018