By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch-The platform of ports and shovelware

Let me see how many ports I can name think of off the top of my head for PS4...

De Blob 2, Devil May Cry Collection, Shadow of the Colossus (third time in three generations this is releasing), Payday 2, LA Noire, Uncharted Collection, Crash Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank, GTA V, The Last of Us, Skyrim, Borderlands, Injustice, Kingdom Hearts Collection x2, Final Fantasy 10 remaster, there's a Ni No Kuni on the way I think?, Bioshock Collection, Assassin's Creed Collection, God of War III I think, Assassin's Creed Rouge, Dishonored, I think stick of Truth maybe, Tearaway, Gravity Rush.

I'm actually not a fan of all the remasters, but it's not a Nintendo thing.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

De Blob 2, Devil May Cry Collection, Shadow of the Colossus (third time in three generations this is releasing), Payday 2, LA Noire, Uncharted Collection, Crash Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank, GTA V, The Last of Us, Skyrim, Borderlands, Injustice, Kingdom Hearts Collection x2, Final Fantasy 10 remaster, there's a Ni No Kuni on the way I think?, Bioshock Collection, Assassin's Creed Collection, God of War III I think, Assassin's Creed Rouge, Dishonored, I think stick of Truth maybe, Tearaway, Gravity Rush.

Whilst Ratchet and Clank and Clash Tirlogy were remakes, and aside of the exclusives, most of the multiplat. remasters are also on PC/Xbox One.

Yeah it's not about a Nintendo thing of making remasters, but now it seems legit when it was a blasphemy for Sony or MS to make remasters.

And the coming Ni No Kuni is Ni No Kuni II.

Overall the Q1/Q2 lineup looks good to me, not amazing but not bad either. It has a handful of interesting indies, a handful of remasters/ports of good/great games and a handful of good looking new games.

I do agree with Curl though that as of now its missing a major system seller for the first half of the year thats preventing it from being a great lineup.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JWeinCom said:

Shadow of the Colossus and Crash Trilogy are both remakes, Ratchet & Clank and Tearaway are both reimaginings ... 

Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch and Stick of Truth have not been announced to come to PS4 either ... 

Can someone name a video game platform that has not had at least 40% or more of it software ports or later ported elsewhere?

I mean besides the Virtual Boy nothing comes to mind. And in this generation with the Xbox One, it isn't like people are going to complain but the small population of Wii U owners that may own the game and they are likely to be out numbered in a few years.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Switch had 45 games last year that scored over 80% on metacritic (in a period of 10 months). PS4 had 42 titles for all of 2014.

Just to put things into perspective here.

Thread should have been locked after this post so it would shame the OP forever.

zorg1000 said:
Overall the Q1/Q2 lineup looks good to me, not amazing but not bad either. It has a handful of interesting indies, a handful of remasters/ports of good/great games and a handful of good looking new games.

I do agree with Curl though that as of now its missing a major system seller for the first half of the year thats preventing it from being a great lineup.

Do you also agree we there are still announcements left? Like wolfenstein, octopath and DQXI dates. We will likely get a proper direct soon.

I'd honestly be curious what constitutes shovelware now. Is it stuff actually on par with Wii Carnival games and Deal or No Deal? Or are we just calling any short digital-only game as shovelware now? If it's the latter, I'm pretty disappointed in some people's judgment, as a lot of gems I've found fall under that definition apparently.

As far as ports go...eh, I'll buy some I haven't tried, ignore ones I have. I've never played TWEWY or Ys VIII, so this gives me a nice reason to play them on a platform I prefer. If you've played every one of these games already, I can see why it'd be disappointing I suppose.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Bear in mind that this Direct only covers what we're getting during the first half of the year. I don't see why the second half won't be even better, especially if Kimishima expects to sell 20 million Switches throughout this year.

cosmic_drift said:
Bear in mind that this Direct only covers what we're getting during the first half of the year. I don't see why the second half won't be even better, especially if Kimishima expects to sell 20 million Switches throughout this year.

Even for just the first half, having only two significant exclusives, neither of which are big system sellers, isn't great.