By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Direct IS OUT!!!!

RolStoppable said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I guess we'll find out more in March or April. Would like to play the upcoming Fire Emblem game on the Switch.

I don't think it will take that long. No previous Direct Mini had so many announcements and updates to already released games. This reeks of a one-two-punch approach where Nintendo dedicates a smaller Direct to ports and DLC updates to get people talking about them, because if those things got mentioned in a proper Direct, they would be overshadowed by the bigger games without a doubt.

This Direct Mini leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Where was Bayonetta 1+2; it would go well together with first gameplay footage of Bayonetta 3. Where was Octopath Traveler that is scheduled for a spring release? Where were big titles like Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. that have been speculated to be in the works for a while? Where were all-new games from third parties?

There's going to be a proper Direct soon.

Yep! And about the online service too. My bet will be on March to celebrate 1 year of Switch. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

XcX would be my favourite WII U game, but porting that would pose some technical difficulties..

can you imagine frontiernav being locked behind a menu option? bleh!

I still think we might see gamepad support for a docked switch (as a controller) then they could port U games that NEED the pad, such as XcX, zombiiU etc, As well as potential for a DS virtual console..

Ivant said:
XcX would be my favourite WII U game, but porting that would pose some technical difficulties..

I still think we might see gamepad support for a docked switch (as a controller) then they could port U games that NEED the pad, such as XcX, zombiiU etc, As well as potential for a DS virtual console..

That doesn't make much sense. Why would they port Wii U games to the Switch if only Wii U owners can play them?

That was dissapointing... Good for those who didn't have the wii U

Flilix said:
Ivant said:

That doesn't make much sense. Why would they port Wii U games to the Switch if only Wii U owners can play them?

Why would only wii u owners be able to play them? Nintendo could just develop a secondary controller with a screen, even if its just a rehashed, more compact version of the tech in the Wii U controller, which at this point would be significantly LESS expensive!

Pretty sure nintendo wouldnt be against selling another expensive peripheral while throwing a bone to loyal customers!

Around the Network

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU! Holy shit! Oh and motherfucking Ys! No dou8btgetting SNK game. Great direct!

RolStoppable said:

I don't think it will take that long. No previous Direct Mini had so many announcements and updates to already released games. This reeks of a one-two-punch approach where Nintendo dedicates a smaller Direct to ports and DLC updates to get people talking about them, because if those things got mentioned in a proper Direct, they would be overshadowed by the bigger games without a doubt.

This Direct Mini leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Where was Bayonetta 1+2; it would go well together with first gameplay footage of Bayonetta 3. Where was Octopath Traveler that is scheduled for a spring release? Where were big titles like Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. that have been speculated to be in the works for a while? Where were all-new games from third parties?

There's going to be a proper Direct soon.

True. I mean, you would expect Nintendo's developers to work on something, right? Bayo 1+2 is just a side project of Bayonetta 3. Donkey Kong TF is just a side project of Retro's next game. Hyrule Warriors is not even a second party project. The only game with noteworthy resources behind it that was presented in the Direct was Mario Tennis.

And in general the presentation was suspiciously full of remasters and remakes (Dark Souls, The World Ends With You and Ys are remakes too). 

dx11332sega said:
I think they are saving the rest for E3?

Nah, this is only the first "direct" of the year of which we are only 11 days into. Last year we had 10 if you including the Switch Presentation and E3 Spotlight.

Last edited by Green098 - on 11 January 2018

I was pretty much happy with everything shown. Highlights for me were YS VIII, TWEWY (my friend had a copy on his DS and we would play a bit at launch when I was back in high school but I never managed to track down a copy of my own), Dark Souls Remastered (DS on the go anytime/anywhere...yes please), fe looks great and is my most anticipated indie game.

With that being said though, there are somethings that were not touched upon that have already been announced for 2018 that I would like to know more about. Yoshi and Project Octopath being two key games. In addition, while these ports are great (and I still hope we get some more ports from Wii U and a VC like service...but perhaps further in the future, like 2019, as we have a lot already) I would like some new content from Nintendo. I was hoping to hear about Retro's new project (which has been in development since early 2014), maybe a new Animal Crossing game, a new Smash Bros game (or at the very least Smash 4 3DS + Wii U + some new content), Fire Emblem (which I believe was slated for 2018). Hopefully, they have more to announce soon. The only other major standard old port I would like to see in 2018 would be GTA V.

Mar1217 said:
"Mario Tennis" is trending on Twitter ... what the heck ?!

Ha no sound on, did it mention joycon's at all.

Basically since the Wii, I've been waiting for a full blown Mario Tennis and Golf game.

Neither have come. They have always had their motion controlled sports games be some "mii" game that is super lacking in depth. A full flown tennis game with an actual story mode sounds great. Or imagine a Mario Golf game with like a story mode like Golf Story or something as well.