By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku report: Dark Souls 1 Remastered for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC Being Announced Today

According to multiple sources, both in development and retail, in the next few hours Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct Mini to air shortly afterwards showing 2018 software for Switch. As part of this Nintendo Direct, Dark Souls Remastered will be revealed, updating the original game to be playable portably for the first time. Our sources say this is the closing announcement of the direct.

A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players, which makes sense if the goal is to get Dark Souls' covenant system working a little more smoothly.

One of our sources indicates that Bandai Namco plans to bring all three Dark Souls games to Switch eventually, but the oft-rumoured 'trilogy' bundle is not how this will be happening – yet. The Dark Souls Remaster will be launching in May on all platforms.

Around the Network

I really dont care After i saw the word mini direct.
Nintendo is making from event to event a shorter direct.
Dont tell me its fast fast fast no its not. Reggie and the whole Japanese und clan is taking 50% with bla bla bla before the direct starts. Thats a huge mistake. People were waiting for so long.

Pagan said:

Dont tell me its fast fast fast no its not. Reggie and the whole Japanese und clan is taking 50% with bla bla bla before the direct starts. Thats a huge mistake. People were waiting for so long.

So you are complaining before the direct have even been shown???

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Pagan said:

Dude. How many directs did we watch? I think we know how this will look like. People should calm their expectations. It will be a joke direct.

Super excited!

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Pagan said:
Naum said:

Dude. How many directs did we watch? I think we know how this will look like. People should calm their expectations. It will be a joke direct.

I agree...

If it's going to be 15 mins as some people are saying it is, then the direct will be something like: 3 mins Reggie talking, 3 mins Kirby, 4 mins Yoshi and 5 mins of New stuff

And the direct HYPE Continues!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I would SO buy a Dark Souls remaster. Bring it on!

Nice, I hope they implement a new coop system, because the one we got in Dark Souls 1 was far from... convenient xD. I hope that if this is true a lot of Ninty users try the Dark Souls saga. It's superb!

And, this might be just a wild thought (probably), but Dark Souls is pretty fire-themed. I don't know if it has something to do with those.... tweets xD.

Meh. Dark Souls looks interesting enough to me to buy a trilogy, but not as full priced games.