By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku report: Dark Souls 1 Remastered for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC Being Announced Today

Oh that's pretty cool, wouldn't mind replaying DS1.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
IkePoR said:

Agreed, though Switch would be it's strongest platform.  It offers more than any other version would - portable Dark Souls in 1080p can't be beat.

Assuming the resolution AND the framerate don't take a hit. Which I assume it would even in docked mode, little alone portable mode.

Skyrim runs just fine.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Moving to gaming discussion.

Bandorr said:
IkePoR said:

Skyrim runs just fine.

"Just fine". That is what you are going with after suggesting that the switch port of something will "offer more than any other version".

You took a not so action packed game from Bethesda and comparing it to a very action packed game from Bandai.

That would be like me bringing up DQ heroes 1&2 and using that as proof that the game won't even hit 20 FPS.

Using Dragonball xenoverse 2 for example you see a game that has a worst framerate, and a worst resolution.

"JamesGarret said:
Kotaku says "A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures.""

The switch is being handled by a completely different company. And at a mimum will not have rebuilt lightning, SFX, or upscaled textures. So right here you can see the switch is missing out on things.

It may end up being "just fine" but absolutely not close to anything like "it offers more than any other version".

Xenoverse 2 has framerate drops - yet it's sold half a million copies.  Breath of the Wild has framerte drops - and it's 2017's game of the year.  It's obviously not as big a deal in action as it is in your head, mate. 

Portability makes it better than any other version.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

No. No it does not.

Around the Network

Hell yeah. Can't wait to play Dark Souls for the twentieth time!

Wright said:

Hell yeah. Can't wait to play Dark Souls for the twentieth time!

But what if they remade/imrproved everything after Anor Londo?

No bounding demons, no bed of chaos, no lost izalith...

potato_hamster said:
IkePoR said:

No. No it does not.

K

Bandorr said:

As far as things are starting to "shake out" as it were. The undocked version seems to be 720p 30fps.

Where as the ps4 pro, x1x, and most likely PC are 4k/60fps with "rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures."

So you may prefer handheld, but you are embarrassing yourself if you can't see the HUGE compromise you are making there. You are losing out on resolution, frame rate textures, looks and effects for portability.

So it may be a good choice for you - but it is very awkward to say it is "better than any other version".

Oh and now here did I talk about sales. That is all on you. You went from "better than any other version" to "it is fine" to "but but these sell well" all the way back to "better than any other version".

If I get this game, it will probably be on the switch for the portability. But I'm not going to pretend for one second that it is better than any other version.

Wow you're really passionate about this.

I don't know why graphic elitism is thought to be the be all - end all of games, when gamers don't give a ruddy fuck about them.  It's a small, subset of online gamers that prioritize graphics over all.  Sales are a good indication of this fact, considering Minecraft outsells almost everything.  You seem so preoccupied with a misguided opinion that you don't realize my point - sales are the bottom line.  The majority of people who buy games do not care about 4k.  They care about cost first, convenience second.  If all versions cost the same, which version is more convenient?  Switch, every single time.  

Valdath said:

But what if they remade/imrproved everything after Anor Londo?

No bounding demons, no bed of chaos, no lost izalith...

I'd...feel weird. I'm too used to the routes that are already there. It would be a surprise for sure, but I wouldn't know how well it would sit with me.

I don't mind something like Scholar of the First Sin, with enemy/item placement changed for the sake of spicing things up but not going too crazy would be good, too.

IkePoR said:
potato_hamster said:

No. No it does not.

K

Bandorr said:

As far as things are starting to "shake out" as it were. The undocked version seems to be 720p 30fps.

Where as the ps4 pro, x1x, and most likely PC are 4k/60fps with "rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures."

So you may prefer handheld, but you are embarrassing yourself if you can't see the HUGE compromise you are making there. You are losing out on resolution, frame rate textures, looks and effects for portability.

So it may be a good choice for you - but it is very awkward to say it is "better than any other version".

Oh and now here did I talk about sales. That is all on you. You went from "better than any other version" to "it is fine" to "but but these sell well" all the way back to "better than any other version".

If I get this game, it will probably be on the switch for the portability. But I'm not going to pretend for one second that it is better than any other version.

Wow you're really passionate about this.

I don't know why graphic elitism is thought to be the be all - end all of games, when gamers don't give a ruddy fuck about them.  It's a small, subset of online gamers that prioritize graphics over all.  Sales are a good indication of this fact, considering Minecraft outsells almost everything.  You seem so preoccupied with a misguided opinion that you don't realize my point - sales are the bottom line.  The majority of people who buy games do not care about 4k.  They care about cost first, convenience second.  If all versions cost the same, which version is more convenient?  Switch, every single time.  

It's not just graphics, 30 fps vs 60 fps is a huge difference.