By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18 Switch sold 73k in France, EA very satisfied, new announcements are coming

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

You said my first post doesn't matter. It wasn't disagreeing with you. That made no sense to say. 

No it doesn't make sense to say something that I didn't say.  Your point doesnt matter because I don't arguing with you why people thought why Switch version of game bombed on Switch, but my is point that they did thought it did bombed and this is proof that game didnt bombed.

DonFerrari said:

So first week UK isn't sufficient for a bomb, but France are enough to deny it? Interesting logic...

And will this stop the hate for EA? I doubt

France numbers shows us that game did not bombed and that EA actually is very satisfied with sales and that they said because good Fifa sales more games are coming. First UK week shows us only that Switch version of Fifa sold bad compared to PS4/XB1 version of games in first week, nothing more, France numbers shows us much bigger picture.

DonFerrari said:

DO you have 1st week Fifa 14 and 15 for PS4 in France to compare?

I dont need them, fact that EA is very satisfied with numbers and they promised more support is more than enough.

I never disagreed with your original point. What are you even getting at here? 

My first post clearly does matter. Saying it doesn't is just being flippant.

To further highlight, I replied to another guy offering a reason for it. It might not matter to you but in the context of the thread it definitely mattered. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

No it doesn't make sense to say something that I didn't say.  Your point doesnt matter because I don't arguing with you why people thought why Switch version of game bombed on Switch, but my is point that they did thought it did bombed and this is proof that game didnt bombed.

France numbers shows us that game did not bombed and that EA actually is very satisfied with sales and that they said because good Fifa sales more games are coming. First UK week shows us only that Switch version of Fifa sold bad compared to PS4/XB1 version of games in first week, nothing more, France numbers shows us much bigger picture.

I dont need them, fact that EA is very satisfied with numbers and they promised more support is more than enough.

Again you don't make any sense, who said you disagreed with me!? Again, your initial post doesn't really matters because my point wasn't why people thought that Fifa bombed on Switch, but point that they did thought only beacuse UK and that they were wrong. You basically keep arguing without any reasons.

Umm... I'm not sure that article says what you think it is. Video Game developers do not have editors, and EA isn't actually being interviewed and giving comment in this article.

I think the person satisfied is the editor of the magazine giving the interview, or possibly a person on Nintendo France's team, but it doesn't appear to be anyone from EA. It's just a Nitnendo France PR person claiming that third parties have been happy so far. That does not mean that EA is actually satisfied with the sales numbers of FIFA in France.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Again you don't make any sense, who said you disagreed with me!? Again, your initial post doesn't really matters because my point wasn't why people thought that Fifa bombed on Switch, but point that they did thought only beacuse UK and that they were wrong. You basically keep arguing without any reasons.

I said this 

"I think people got that idea because the switch version only accounted for about 3% of sales. Ps4 version dwarfed it making it look bad even though relatively it did alright."

Of course that matters. It wasn't disagreeing with you and was adding more context to the situation as to why people thought it bombed. I didn't say that they were right or that you were wrong. 

What I said both makes sense and matters. 

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:
Umm... I'm not sure that article says what you think it is. Video Game developers do not have editors, and EA isn't actually being interviewed and giving comment in this article.

I think the person satisfied is the editor of the magazine giving the interview, or possibly a person on Nintendo France's team, but it doesn't appear to be anyone from EA. It's just a Nitnendo France PR person claiming that third parties have been happy so far. That does not mean that EA is actually satisfied with the sales numbers of FIFA in France.

In French-to-English translations, what is known as 'publisher' in English gets spat out as 'editor'.

What potato_hamster said is nonetheless not false, it's Philippe Lavoué who said that EA was satisfied, not a person from EA.

Around the Network
Lauster said:
RolStoppable said:

In French-to-English translations, what is known as 'publisher' in English gets spat out as 'editor'.

What potato_hamster said is nonetheless not false, it's Philippe Lavoué who said that EA was satisfied, not a person from EA.

Yeah, but harldy they could say something like that if EA didnt said that to them.

RolStoppable said:
Lauster said:

Before this turns into a battle of semantics, I'd say that everyone in this thread can agree that FIFA 19 will be on Switch.

Well literally every platform gets Fifa even if it's discontinued. So that doesn't exactly say much, except that your platform is truly dead for EA if it doesn't get Fifa. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

how much did this game sell on other systems?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Qwark said:
RolStoppable said:

Before this turns into a battle of semantics, I'd say that everyone in this thread can agree that FIFA 19 will be on Switch.

Well literally every platform gets Fifa even if it's discontinued. So that doesn't exactly say much, except that your platform is truly dead for EA if it doesn't get Fifa. 

Wii U never got a 2nd FIFA

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm not interested in the series, but having annualized sports titles appear each year signals to consumers that they are buying into a healthy game economy that will continue to have a strong release schedule.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7