By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18 Switch sold 73k in France, EA very satisfied, new announcements are coming

FIFA 18 Electronic Arts made 73,000 units (without the digital) The editor is very satisfied. Ubisoft also has very good results with Mario + Raving Rabbids but also with Rayman Legend and Just Dance which make more than 50 000 units). Konami's Super Bomberman was out for three weeks. All third party publishers who played the game are satisfied with their year. And there will be new ads on Switch. Fifa was for them a test-match. What is interesting for them is that we will enter the phase of acceleration of the sales of the console according to the life cycle. Fifa the year of the World Cup, portability on Switch, we can imagine that they will be able to double the stake without problem.

- FIFA 18 : 73k without digital
- EA is very satisfied
- New announcemnts are coming, Fifa was a real test and the Switch passed it
- Expecting to double those sales thanks to the World Cup.
- Every 3rd party publishers that made a serious effort on Switch are satisfied.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sr&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lesnumeriques.com%2Floisirs%2Fswitch-retrogaming-super-mario-zelda-l-incroyable-come-back-nintendo-a3491.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://www.lesnumeriques.com/loisirs/switch-retrogaming-super-mario-zelda-l-incroyable-come-back-nintendo-a3491.html

Remember when Fifa was launched on Switch was launched and we had first week UK numbers and everyone said that Fifa definatly bombed WW beacuse first week UK numbers!? :D

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 January 2018

Around the Network

I doubt they are "very satisfied" with this sales, but hey, if they are enough to guarantee continuous support, so be it. Bring the Sims to the Switch, you know people would respond very well to that.

Also, what on Earth happen to Bomberman? Did it not stock enough copies, or did it sell out?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Was it really necessary to give this its own thread?

Darwinianevolution said:
I doubt they are "very satisfied" with this sales, but hey, if they are enough to guarantee continuous support, so be it. Bring the Sims to the Switch, you know people would respond very well to that.

Why they wouldn't be satisfied with those sales!? 73k without digital (with Digital probably around 80-90k) in one country, so basically means that almost 10% of Switch owners currently bought Fifa.

Flilix said:

Yeah, I think so, because there is general consensus here that Fifa bombed on Switch and EA is done with Switch support beacuse of that.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Why they wouldn't be satisfied with those sales!? 73k without digital (with Digital probably around 80-90k) in one country, so basically means that almost 10% of Switch owners currently bought Fifa.

It's EA, they've been dissatisfied with sales better than that, plus it's FIFA. It makes millions in Europe alone.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

As I said before, it dosent need to sell the millions it usually does on other platforms  to be considered good enough.Well, even if its EA, its good to know that they wont entirely jump ship.I think we can expect FIFA 2019 and other sports game, along with those small games like Fe, out of EA going foward.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

That means they won't need microtransactions anymore?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Darwinianevolution said:
Miyamotoo said:

It's EA, they've been dissatisfied with sales better than that, plus it's FIFA. It makes millions in Europe alone.

Offcourse its EA, but they also have realistic expectations, of course they know that cant sale much more on brand new platform in first year in one market. 73k without digital (with Digital probably around 80-90k) in one country, so basically means that almost 10% of Switch owners currently bought Fifa, is a good result.

Miyamotoo said:
Flilix said:

Yeah, I think so, because there is general consensus here that Fifa bombed on Switch and EA is done with Switch support beacuse of that.

I think people got that idea because the switch version only accounted for about 3% of sales. Ps4 version dwarfed it making it look bad even though relatively it did alright.