By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA will be set in Europe....

Which Country

UK 23 32.39%

Germany 11 15.49%

Italy 5 7.04%

France 6 8.45%

Turkey 1 1.41%

Russia 15 21.13%

Netherlands 7 9.86%

Other 3 4.23%

Total:71
OdinHades said:
Frankfurt, Germany. Most beautiful city in europe.

Hope you were joking there hahaha

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Russia, I can imagine the setting would fit perfectly within the world of GTA. The only better setting I can think of is Mexico, so much potential for GTA, but that isn't in Europe.

Juarez, Mexico would be fitting for a crime game.

Oh man, now you remind me I want another Call of Juarez game! The first two were brilliant!

LuzerkBR said: 
Would like if it was set in Russia, with all that mafia stuff (and the Russian accent), probably would be interesting at least.

Yeah man, and meet Niko Bellic in some dark shithole (I know he was Serbian, but still)

OdinHades said:
Xen said:
[...]

Much less crime, and I would say much less diversity than a country founded and built by immigrants I would say.

Does it matter? GTA is fictional so the devs can put as much crime as they want into the cities.

It matters in my eyes. It's much easier to build upon legacies and information already existing, expanding it.

Russia would be slightly difficult as it's very alien to westerners, but one could make a fantastic GTA in Rome.

OdinHades said:
Xen said:
[...]

Much less crime, and I would say much less diversity than a country founded and built by immigrants I would say.

Does it matter? GTA is fictional so the devs can put as much crime as they want into the cities.

It does matter... because they assume GTA is an accurate ,100% representation of a major city in the US

aikohualda said:
OdinHades said:

It does matter... because they assume GTA is an accurate ,100% representation of a major city in the US

It is, isn't it?!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Xen said:

ugh... we have one of them, it's called England

By that, I assume, Anglo-Saxon based standard, the whole of the former western roman empire consists of immigrant cultures (true to a degree, but most have been there so damn long that they've developed rather monolithic cultures, quite unlike the US or Canada).

Errorist76 said:
aikohualda said:

It is, isn't it?!

Yes it is.... like wolfenstein is a documentary based video game

If they're willing to break a mold a bit, Europe could be quite interesting setting - they just need to set it in Cold war era and mix something like Italian Job (original, '69) kind of crime vibe with Russian femme fatal agents and Bond-esque over the top imaginary secret tech...Paris, Rome, Nice, Swiss Alps...it could be really fun.

HoloDust said:
If they're willing to break a mold a bit, Europe could be quite interesting setting - they just need to set it in Cold war era and mix something like Italian Job (original, '69) kind of crime vibe with Russian femme fatal agents and Bond-esque over the top imaginary secret tech...Paris, Rome, Nice, Swiss Alps...it could be really fun.

That actually sounds amazing...for a game NOT GTA. Why don't they do more Bond like games anyway?! Anyone remember's No One Lives Forever?!

Developers, hire this guy...you're out of ideas! 

They always use OG language and dont add localisation for voices. I doubt they would release a non english GTA.