By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct LIVE NOW (All rumours combined in first post, how many were correct?)

I'm shocked! Shocked that so many sources lied to the Nintendo community!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Seems like the rumors were very off as most expected. And there are a lot of DLCs on the list, so Nintendo is getting along with 3rd parties practices.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jumpin said: 

So basically almost none of the rumoured games were on the Direct, but lots of games that weren't rumoured were.

In total there were 57 rumours and 16 announcements. Only 5 of those turned out to be a match.
Accuracy on the 57 rumours: 8.75% accuracy
Accuracy on 17 announcements in 15 minutes: 29% accuracy
5 Correct answers against 64 incorrect answers.

TOTAL - 7.2% accuracy
GRADE: F-

Well Done!

Green098 said:

I'd be surprised if 10% of the stuff listed happens.

Actually at this point, I'd be surprised if we get a Nintendo Direct at all.

Not surprised, just as I expected.

Now that Nintendo is extremely successful they can troll their fans without losing money from it. :p

So I have a question. Are we actually only going to get 2-3 Switch games a year that aren't remastered versions of old Nintendo games? Like I get no one bought a Wii U, but it seems like the Switch is going to get its entirely library. I can only assume games like Mario Maker, Smash Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3 are inevitable Switch ports.

Because so far for 2018 the only Switch games I plan on getting are Switch games that came out in 2017. Hopefully third parties can start releasing some new games for the platform as well.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
So I have a question. Are we actually only going to get 2-3 Switch games a year that aren't remastered versions of old Nintendo games? Like I get no one bought a Wii U, but it seems like the Switch is going to get its entirely library. I can only assume games like Mario Maker, Smash Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3 are inevitable Switch ports.

Because so far for 2018 the only Switch games I plan on getting are Switch games that came out in 2017. Hopefully third parties can start releasing some new games for the platform as well.

Well Kirby, Mario Tennis and Yoshi are new games, and they are not definitely all new Switch games in 2018. But yeah, we can expect plenty of Wii U and older 3rd party ports, but there will be new games also.

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

Well Kirby, Mario Tennis and Yoshi are new games, and they are not definitely all new Switch games in 2018. But yeah, we can expect plenty of Wii U and older 3rd party ports, but there will be new games also.

I hope the Tennis game is better than the last one. I loved Mario Tennis 64. Hopefully this is more in line with that.

I'm surprised we didn't get anything on Yoshi or Wolfenstein II, but I still think those will release within the first 6 months of 2018.

potato_hamster said:
Miyamotoo said:

I hope the Tennis game is better than the last one. I loved Mario Tennis 64. Hopefully this is more in line with that.

Well this one have Story Mode also, so it will probably be better than last one.

FloatingWaffles said:
I'm surprised we didn't get anything on Yoshi or Wolfenstein II, but I still think those will release within the first 6 months of 2018.

I don't think Nintendo show us everything they have for 1st 6 months of year.

Definite "yes" on The World Ends with You, Celeste, and Mario Tennis Aces.

"Maybe" on Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Dark Souls. Never played any of them. "Maybe" on Kirby too.

Pretty solid 15 minutes, all told. Still wondering what the big grand slam game(s) of 2018 will be though.