By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct LIVE NOW (All rumours combined in first post, how many were correct?)

whoo, this isnsome kinda thread!

Nintendo ought to announce one new product from first party and a few third party games, otherwise maybe just an expansion on some of the stuff they have already shown , Yoshi and Kirby.

Around the Network

The only thing I can compare the rumors to is the January 2013 Wii U direct where Iwata (RIP) talked about upcoming games and services for the year. I hope today's (rumored) direct is a year overview and some announcements, and saving some big surprises for E3.

Nautilus said:
Flilix said:

Kirby and a bunch of third party games should be enough to keep the Switch going until an April direct, maybe even until E3.

A full direct would be a lot better though, so I really hope this isn't true.

But Nintendo needs to at least give an overall idea of whats comming this year.Im not even saying that they need to announce half the ganes they have, but say like " we have one big game for the holidays and one somewhat big for the summer, plus two or three smaller ones" and they could be as vague as they want with the announcements, as long as we know which franchise it comes from.

I was always from the belief that Nintendo first party output didnt have to be as strong as  2017 was, simply because third party will start to fill the. Voids, but Nintendo still needs to announce games.Well, hopefully Im worrying for nothing.

Well, of course it would be better if they gave us a real direct, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary for Nintendo. They could show the holiday titles in a spring direct or at E3. If Pokémon is the big holiday title, it might even get its own special direct to announce it.

The 2017 titles will keep selling well, and with Kirby, Yoshi, Octopath and some other third parties, the line-up should be strong enough to keep the Switch going till E3.

They are gonna announce:

the fire emblem new game
yoshi
kirby
gta v
dark souls 1
maybe assassins creed
and some square minor title

that's the best case scenario for me.Anything more is probably too much.

xMetroid said:
Nautilus said:

I really hope thats not true, because Nintendo needs to announce quite a lot to make the year attractive.Unless third party picks up the slack and announce stuff outside of the direct.Or even Nintendo has more mini directs through the month(both january and february)

Im part of those who can live up with no announcements in a Direct but if it is indeed a Direct mini, then the year is over to me. January is the time to announce the games for the first 6 months and some other big titles. If a remaster is the big announcement YES it will be a damn shame and it will be the most hated Direct in History. Idc if they didn't hype it, they HAVE to announce after the Christmas period to hype people for the year and now all we have is 2 cheap 2D platformers and third party games........

Well, lets not exagerate.Their situation is not anywhere as dire.Nintendo can survive a bad direct in January and the Switch wouldnt be that much affected.But its not like Nintendo can afford making mistakes like that either.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Green098 said:

So based on the number of rumoured games and features that is about 1 minute to describe all the new hardware and features, and 7 seconds per game.

Rapid fire Direct!

I like it :D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Flilix said:
Nautilus said:

I really hope thats not true, because Nintendo needs to announce quite a lot to make the year attractive.Unless third party picks up the slack and announce stuff outside of the direct.Or even Nintendo has more mini directs through the month(both january and february)

Kirby and a bunch of third party games should be enough to keep the Switch going until an April direct, maybe even until E3.

A full direct would be a lot better though, so I really hope this isn't true.

The 15 min direct last year was packed with info. Also with all the teasing and game evidence leading up to it, they don’t have to make as much of a deal about each title. The longer trailers almost seem like a waste of time. Another possibility is that the initial direct covers the talking points with short clips while longer versions are in an after direct 3rd party showcase or treehouse exclusive events. Technically even dedicating 20 seconds of video for every new title is enough to show 3 titles a minute for up to approximately 45 games total coverage. Of course this won’t be the case, but they can easily fit 20 game annoucements or less with talking about other things like Switch firmware, online, and VC. Tons of potential. Now if they had said 5 minutes, I’d be worried. This is the new norm for Nintendo, periodic tightly packed information distribution and hype along with steady brilliantly distributed release schedules.

Jumpin said:
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

Noice! Well I guess that frees up a lot of time too. 

Don't tell me I'm the only one disappointed. Port port port remaster remaster.
No words on actual interesting games like Octopath and Fire Emblem which I thought were obviously coming.
Nintendo gets it sometimes but then they do weird stuff like this that are stupid.
Next to it you will have God and Spiderman on PS4 while Kirby on Switch... lmao wtf