By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct LIVE NOW (All rumours combined in first post, how many were correct?)

Mario Tennis Aces seems a lot better than Ultra Smash. A lot. Maybe it will make justice to this sub-series.

SNK Heroines is a.... huge surprise. I though I would never see SNK fighting characters on a new game on a Nintendo platform. The last time was.... on the Gamecube I believe?.....as a fan of the KoF series... I will want to play that game.

I felt worried after seeing so many ports of old games but... it´s not a bad thing at all, since all ports announced are of very good games.

Last edited by Rogerioandrade - on 12 January 2018

Around the Network

With Mario Tennis Aces, I want to see a Mario Tennis Ace Attorney cross over.

Peach loses to new Tennis Ace Princess Daisy, and she starts getting all Tonya Harding over it, and gets her boyfriend Mario to hit Daisy with a big green pipe.

Then it is up to Phoenix Wright to solve the murder case while defending poor innocent looking Peach. The second time she is suspected of murder after the Princess Toadstool incident.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

specialk said:
Definite "yes" on The World Ends with You, Celeste, and Mario Tennis Aces.

"Maybe" on Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Dark Souls. Never played any of them. "Maybe" on Kirby too.

Pretty solid 15 minutes, all told. Still wondering what the big grand slam game(s) of 2018 will be though.

I think Nintendo's "big" thing for 2018 will be their online service.  At the very least they are putting a lot of effort into it, regardless of whether or not it is exactly what we'd want.  I believe they will wait until E3 to reveal it, and they will want to tie it in with an established IP, likely Smash Bros or maybe Animal Crossing depending one which way they go with it.

As for this direct, I am pretty happy with it.  I saw several games that I definitely want to buy: World Ends With You, Dragon Quest Builders and Dark Souls Remastered with maybes on Hyrule Warriors, Y's VIII, and DKCR Tropical Freeze.  Also my daughter really loves Kirby, so I'm sure I'll get that too.  Most Nintendo games do not show nearly as many games that I want to buy.  This was a good one for me.

Seeing as how the mini Direct seemed to focus on the games pre-E3 (June2018) There’s probably a few surprises or announcements in general Nintendo is saving for their E3 Direct.

There’s a couple games I’m definitely getting. Tropical Freeze, Pokken (can get rid of my WiiU), Hyrule Warriors (Bye WiiU), TWEWY, Dark Souls Remastered, and Tennis. Maybe the SNK:Heroines as well for that fighting fix.

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

I hope the Tennis game is better than the last one. I loved Mario Tennis 64. Hopefully this is more in line with that.

Well this one have Story Mode also, so it will probably be better than last one.

I don't think Nintendo show us everything they have for 1st 6 months of year.

Yeah it looks like it could be pretty good.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
So I have a question. Are we actually only going to get 2-3 Switch games a year that aren't remastered versions of old Nintendo games? Like I get no one bought a Wii U, but it seems like the Switch is going to get its entirely library. I can only assume games like Mario Maker, Smash Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3 are inevitable Switch ports.

Because so far for 2018 the only Switch games I plan on getting are Switch games that came out in 2017. Hopefully third parties can start releasing some new games for the platform as well.

I'm leaning more towards Smash Bros being a new game at this point considering how long it's taking and Pikmin 4 will probably release instead of porting Pikmin 3 since Miyamoto confirmed a while ago that Pikmin 4 was almost done

but I can see Mario Maker, either that gets ported or just a sequel to that as well 

FloatingWaffles said:
potato_hamster said:
So I have a question. Are we actually only going to get 2-3 Switch games a year that aren't remastered versions of old Nintendo games? Like I get no one bought a Wii U, but it seems like the Switch is going to get its entirely library. I can only assume games like Mario Maker, Smash Bros Wii U, and Pikmin 3 are inevitable Switch ports.

Because so far for 2018 the only Switch games I plan on getting are Switch games that came out in 2017. Hopefully third parties can start releasing some new games for the platform as well.

I'm leaning more towards Smash Bros being a new game at this point considering how long it's taking and Pikmin 4 will probably release instead of porting Pikmin 3 since Miyamoto confirmed a while ago that Pikmin 4 was almost done

but I can see Mario Maker, either that gets ported or just a sequel to that as well 

I'd agree on Smash port not being likely for a couple reasons. Not sure how all the 3rd party characters legal situations are. Would they have ot repay for them all to be ported?

Also it has been too long since last game that a new game should be coming out sooner than later, and you would not want a Smash port too close to a new game. Wouldn't want an older game to cannibalize the newer games sales in any way.

Low-key really want a Pikmin HD Collection to be announced alongside Pikmin 4 at some point as I will most def buy that in .02 milliseconds.

Jumpin, your OP is nicely done with the Rumor Stats. This should be a regular installment whenever a Direct is thought to be fast approaching.

FloatingWaffles said:
I'm surprised we didn't get anything on Yoshi or Wolfenstein II, but I still think those will release within the first 6 months of 2018.

With DKCTF's announcement I'm not so sure anymore about Yoshi as that'd be 3 platformers within 4 months. They also already have five 1st party IP games to potentially go with each month in the first half aside from January.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
FloatingWaffles said:
I'm surprised we didn't get anything on Yoshi or Wolfenstein II, but I still think those will release within the first 6 months of 2018.

With DKCTF's announcement I'm not so sure anymore about Yoshi as that'd be 3 platformers within 4 months. They also already have five 1st party IP games for each month in the first half aside from January.

Oh yeah that's true, I forgot about that. Now i'm not sure lol.